Friday, June 10, 2011

Just Add Ink #71 - Black & White

I just love the weekly challenges we have over at Just Add Ink, they keep me crafting and inspired, and this week's challenge is no exception - challenges are up every Friday. For this week, Paula challenged us to a Black and White colour challenge ...that's it. JUST BLACK & WHITE...no other colours!
I knew exactly what I had in mind to do for this week's challenge - the Split Negative Technique - and of course my most recently purchased stamp set that I am just having so much fun inking up, 'Elements of Style'. As a result of using the Split Negative Technique I of course ended up with, not one but two cards, each being a reverse of the other. I couldn't decide which one I liked best, can you?



Stamps: Elements of Style, Well Scripted, Tiny Tiny Sentiments
Cardstock/Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White

Ink:Basic Black, Whisper White Craft Ink
Accessories: White and Black Embossing Powders, Curly-Label Extra Large and Decorative Label Punches, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Adhesive


Why don't you hop on over to the Just Add Ink Challenge Blog to get some wonderful inspiration from the rest of the team and link up your entry.

9 comments:

inkeverywhere said...

These are both great Mae. What a great technique - I must give it a go. Chantell

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I'm loving how you do this technique so well. This is one classy card.

Sharnee Torrents said...

Ooooo Mae this is amazing!!! I love the way you've done this! Do you remember seeing Martin do this at the very first Tassie get-together!?! I've never done it but this black and white theme is PERFECT for it!!!! Soooooo gorgeous!
Smiles SHarnee :)

KimB said...

Gorgeous Mae!! and very very striking - I couldn't tell you which I like best - it all looks fabulous :)
Kim

Nikki Spencer said...

They are both gorgeous Mae, not sure which is my fav!
This is such a cool technique, l will be casing both for sure.

Anonymous said...

Mae, what a fantastic way to stamp. They are both awesome, I can't pick a fave so they are both winners for me. What a really cool idea. Cheers Donna Zammit

Tania Gould said...

Yep - both are pretty fancy-schmancy! You're such a clever cookie using ideas like this one!
I love the first one best - but both are very striking and elegant!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

They're both gorgeous Mae. I'd have to say I like the first one best too.
A fantastic idea to use this technique with elements of style!
Very lovely.

Patrice said...

Stunning Mae. I really must try this technique as it is especially striking in the B&W. Love both of your cards here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails