Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Making Alterations...

When I made a recent birthday card I was basically happy with the layout, colours and general design but I thought I had placed my ribbon and embelishments a little too low down on the card and so I wanted to recreate the design with a few alterations.

Here is my first attempt...

 
Stamps: French Script, Medallion, Cute by the Inch, Vintage Vogue, So Happy for You (SAB)
Cardstock/Paper: Very Vanilla, Neutrals Patterns DSP, Pretty in Pink
Inks: Bravo Burgundy, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Rhinestone, Adhesive


Not only did I think I had placed my ribbon etc a little low, but you really couldn't see the impact of the Medallion stamp on the DSP along with the French Script. Therefore, I made a few alterations and came up with the card below...

Stamps: French Script, Medallion, Cute by the Inch, Vintage Vogue,Well Scripted
Cardstock/Paper: Pretty in Pink, Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand
Inks: Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, Antique Brad, Stampin' Dimensionals, Adhesive

As you can see I swapped the Neutrals DSP for Sahara Sand cardstock and this allowed the effect with the French Script and Medallion stamps to show better, plus I stamped the Medallion stamp in Bravo Burgundy rather than the Pretty in Pink which got lost on the first card.

I chose a wider ribbon and again these cards were inspired by the talented Teneale Williams' use of ribbons in her Convention WOW presentation, plus I added a larger flower from the Vintage Vogue stamp set.

No sooner than I turn around it seems to be someone else's birthday and can't seem to make myself take one from my box of cards...I always have to make a new one! I suppose it is because I often make them with that person in mind or that I want to try a new style or technique.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing some of the cards I have been making lately although they have not been posted in the order that I have made them as I often forget to take photos of my cards before I pop them in the post, these ones I took but didn't get around to blogging at the time!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails