Tuesday, June 21, 2011

More birthdays and sneak peaks!

Well I had a lovely night out tonight with my boy and his fiance. We shopped for a suit for him for an interview he has this coming Thursday, then tea at Nando's and then we all went to see the movie Oranges and Sunshine. It was good movie, worth seeing. It tells the story of Margaret Humphreys, a social worker from Nottingham, who uncovered one of the most significant social scandals in recent times: the forced migration of children from the United Kingdom to Australia.

Before I went out I did manage to finish a couple more birthday cards, which I also got in the post to my nephew and niece, who celebrated their birthdays yesterday and tomorrow, respectively. When I am pushed for time I love to look through my 'To Case' file and make a card quickly without too much thought to design, colour etc. This afternoon was no exception and I was pleased with the card I CASED from Christine Blain using Extreme Elements. Christine had used Cajun Craze, whereas I chose to use Cherry Cobbler plus I also clear embossed my bike after colouring in parts of it. Sorry for the poor lighting but it was quite overcast and getting late in the afternoon when I took the photo.


Here's where the sneak peaks comes in on the birthday card I created for my niece...these cute pigs can be found in a new stamp set coming out in the next IB&C, to be released in September. Also the strip of ribbon Ice Cream Parlor is part of a special bundle available next month, I mounted it onto a thin strip of Marina Mist card for added dimension...more details in a later post of this special.

Can you see that I have poked the poor pigs eyes out with my paper piercer (how cruel can I be!), and backing the front panel on Basic Black makes them stand out more! I also added some cute pink buttons I had for their snouts...so cute!


Well I am finally starting to get tired so night peeps I am off to bed!

3 comments:

julieprice3 said...

Love your motorbike card Mae! Great male theme. Your piggy card is very cute!
Hugs Julie P

Vikki Jo said...

WOW! Mae The motorcycle card is awesome and those piggies are just so darn cute! Love you work!!

Jo said...

OMG Mae, those little piggies are just SOO cute!. The motorcyle card is great too. I'm glad you enjoyed your night with your son & future DIL.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails