Friday, July 1, 2011

Fancy Folds Blog Hop - JAI 74



JAI FANCY FOLDS

Diamond Fold

I hope you enjoyed viewing Paula's gorgeous easel card, wasn't her sponging effective, and you're now ready to check out another Fancy Fold. I have made a Diamond Fold Card.

Front View

Close-up shot of the detail

Back View

Closed for ease of posting!
Stamps: Creative Elements (to be released in IB&C in Sept!)
Inks: Always Artichoke, River Rock, Cajun Craze
Cardstock/Paper: River Rock Textured Cardstock, Always Artichoke DSP (from Regals Patterns DSP Stack), Basic Black, So SaffronAccessories: Scallop Trim Border & Corner Punches, Paper Piercer, Stamp-a-ma-jig



To view the tutorial I followed, click HERE. You can also find a tutorial on how to make a Diamond Fold card on Splitcoast Stampers, but I preferred this YouTube tutorial myself with the folding instructions, although there are a few disruptions during her video clip, door bell etc.

Thanks for stopping by, now it's time to hop on over to the fabulous Delys' blog where she has another awesome Fancy Fold for you to try.

Just click on the blinkie below to take you there -


Have fun checking out all the different types of folded cards you can make and then pop back to the Just Add Ink blog and link up one that you have made.

23 comments:

Jackie L Watson said...

What can I say just awesome, just awesome.

Paula said...

This is a hfold I haven't tried myself, but am itching to now! I love the scallop border around your artwork Mae, so very effective!

delysc said...

Gorgeous card Mae and love that centrepiece with the scallop trim punch.

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

WOW Mae this certainly stands out!!! Might have to give this one a go.

Marlena M. said...

That is one cool looking card....very pretty! Good to know there is a video..sometimes those help me more. ;)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oh, Mae, I am totally in awe of this fold which is now on my list of gob smacking things to do. I love how you decorated it with the scallop edge and the beautiful new butterfly.

Tania Gould said...

Such an amazing card hey. You have wowed and dazzled me with your talent and creativeness!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

A truly beautiful card Mae. I love the colours you've used with the new set. You've inspired me to give this fold a try.

Karen said...

Oh wow, what a fantastic card, it just popped out at you. Just love the fold. I must I must give this one ago

Sandra Azzopardi said...

What an amazing card, Mae!

t_bar_star said...

Thank you so much for showing me a new fold technique - I'm new to all of this and I really do enjoying learning and trying new things! Have a great weekend. Theresa

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautifully done Mae! LOVIN..that fold, will be having a go at that asap.
The scalloped edge panel you created suits that fold perfectly and a beautiful soft colour combo...:0)

Rachel Moore said...

thats a great fold technique. , and i just love that set, thanks Mae

Fiona Harrison said...

How did someone ever come up with that fold? Amazing. Very pretty card front too.

KimB said...

So elegant and so beautiful Mae. I LOVE the effect you got by using the scallop trim punch, especially in black. Also how you combined the different Element stamps for the front for a fabulous result.
Kim xxx

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Beautiful card and I love the color! Thanks for sharing :)

Patrice said...

WOW Mae, this is amazing. I so have to try this. Love it.

Anonymous said...

very clever - Andrea and the dogs!

Anonymous said...

This is one of the most interesting folds I have seen!

Tui Nathan said...

Such a gorgeous card Mae - love the centre panel, and oh that new stamp set is just lovely ....
And a really lovely folded card ... love the effect!!!

H2 :) said...

Fantastic example of the diamond fold Mae. Gorgeous feature panel. :)

Debbie M said...

Very nice - love the softness of the colours...

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

You girls are incredible! So many gorgeous ideas! TFS! Hugs xxaxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails