Friday, July 8, 2011

JAI #75 - Colour Challenge

Well here it is Friday again and a lot has happened since last week - firstly, my son finally got his driver's licence, then it was the fantastic Fancy Folds Blog Hop by the JAI Design Team, which involved lots of last minute frantic Blogger issues, but all went smoothly in the end. I had some fun time chatting with Kathy Tanner and being shown how to make a beautiful satin flower, and I also started back doing some casual work with H&R Block preparing individual tax returns - and now here we are time for another JAI challenge...and this one is a colour challenge.
I wasn't feeling very inspirational at the time I made my card for this week's challenge, so when I feel like that I draw on ideas from the current Idea Book & Catalogue or the mini catalogues and this is the page (p16) that inspired me, plus, I wanted to use one of the Beveled Windowpanes which I have had in my stash for a while now.


Here is the card I made using the colours we were given and using the card in the mini as my inspiration, such a lovely stamp set this one, Clearly for You.


Close Up of the Beveled Windowpane
I was really happy with the end result, so if you find yourself stuck for inspiration then do what I did and open up your IB&C or a mini catalogue and find something in there to get the creative juices flowing!

Now pop on over to Just Add Ink and see what the other Design Team members did with this colour combination and then join in the fun and link up your creation.

8 comments:

Paula said...

I love your take on the catty card mae. You have made wonderful use of this colour combo too! These window panes are the perfect way to hightlight artwork and I have finally given up and ordered some - your fault!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

It is so beautiful Mae! You have convinced me about the fabulousness of this set and the beveled windows. I feel I actually need them now! Well done with this challenge and I'll say it again, Yours is even better than the catty sample!

KimB said...

What a beautiful outcome Mae, the design looks very elegant and classic in this weeks colour combo. The windowpane really does make a wonderful decorative highlight! Hmm I'm tempted but haven't subcumbed yet (did see them in the US catty though) so they may be around for a while..
Have a good weekend.
Kim xxx

Marlena M. said...

The birds on a wire/ribbon look great! I love the CAS look! ;)

Patrice said...

Considering you weren't feeling too inspired at the time of designing your card Mae you've done a wonderful job. I didn't pick up any of these window panes but perhaps I'll have to give them a whirl as I love how yours has turned out. This card looks absolutely perfect in these colours. Great job!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Sigh! This is beautiful, Mae, even better than the one in the mini catalogue. I won some bevelled window panes in prize patrol so must get around to using them. Thanks for the inspiration.

Folly said...

This is a gorgeous card, Mae! Your card turned out even better than the inspiration card in the catty. I love the trail of butterflies across the card.
Michelle.

Nikki Spencer said...

You may not have been feeling very inspired Mae, but its definately an inspirational result, l love it!
So glad l have those window panes, will be casing this for sure..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails