Friday, July 22, 2011

JAI #77 - Sketch Challenge

Well as you can see from my lack of posts during the week I have been extremely busy and I have had no time for crafting or blogging. I am currently working virtually full-time at the moment at H&R Block helping prepare individual tax returns, yes it is that time of the year again! Also, my BF's mother passed away last week and the funeral was this week, it was a lovely send off for her at the St Mary's Catholic Church led by the Archbishop, who had known her since she immigrated to Australia from Italian...rest in peace Nonna!

This week's Just Add Ink challenge is a sketch put forward by Bron, and did I find it difficult to do! I don't know why and after seeing what the other DT members created I definitely don't know why because they came up with some gorgeous designs.


Here is my card and as I am posting this very quickly this morning (late too!) before I head off to work I am going to miss putting in the Stampin' Up! supplies I used and hopefully get back to editing my post over the weekend. It is definitely not a "Mae style" as one of my friend's put it when she saw it sitting on my craft desk, as she asked who made it?


I even managed to decorate the inside.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog and see what the rest of the DT did with this sketch and then join in the fun yourself and link up your creation!

Have a great weekend...and week if I don't get to post again until next Friday!

10 comments:

Tania Gould said...

It's a gorgeous card and maybe Mae has a "new style"! I'm now wishing I got Eiffel Tower set!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

I love your use of the french set with the vintage wheel on this card Mae. They work really well together! Love your colour combo too! Hope you find some "me time" with all that tax work you're doing!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I really love the Eiffel Tower stamp from Artisitic Etchings and you've done a fabbo job with this sketch, even if your friend thinks it's not a 'Mae' card!!

KimB said...

May'be not your style?! but still lovely Mae. I like how you used the vintage wheel pattern in red for the panels - and who wouldn't like the Eiffel Tower!Have a good weekend :)
Kim xxx

Patrice said...

So sorry to hear about your BF's mum Mae. Sounds like you've had a busy time.

I wouldn't call this card 'not Mae style' to me it was so obviously yours. Funny how we all 'see' differences. I love how you're decorating the inside of your cards these days.

Anonymous said...

off to Paris are we? Andrea and the dogs!

t_bar_star said...

This is a really nice card! Theresa x

Marlena M. said...

The distressing is awesome. The colors are wonderful in your Parisian card! ;)

Folly said...

Wow, Mae, I can't believe you struggled with this one, the outcome is beautiful! I've been admiring it for days, and thought it best that I actually tell you that, finally. :-)
Michelle.

Jodene said...

Beautiful card Mae, and I love the colours you chose too :) Hope you are having a good week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails