Friday, July 29, 2011

JAI#78 - Colour Challenge

This week's challenge at Just Add Ink is another great colour combination...
As I haven't had much time for myself lately and have had limited crafting time I wasn't able to create anything unique or technical for this week's challenge but just relied on a simple layout and basic technique of 'rock n roll' stamping. As I had received my latest Stampin' Up! order which included the stamp set 'French Foliage' I just had to ink it up and use it immediately and I hope it is a stamp set that will be coming back in the new catalogue, available 1 September 2011. I also used my Not Quite Navy Stampin' Write Marker to ink up part of the 'Afterthoughts' stamp set greeting, which will be going when this catalogue ends at the end of August 2011.


Only a basic design but I was happy with the results. Now pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog and see what other fabulous ideas the Design Team came up with for this latest colour challenge...then join in the fun yourself and link up your creation.

8 comments:

Diane Barnes said...

Great male card Mae. The leaves make a great background & work well with the torn strip & sentiment. Hope you have a happy day. Hugs, D

Patrice said...

Great card Mae, sometimes a basic layout is all you need. Love that strip of dsp through the middle!

KimB said...

It looks great Mae! One of the wonderful things about French Foliage is that it doesn't need much extra dressing - it's just so effective on its own. Simple but very nice!
Kim xxx

Nikki Spencer said...

Great use of the colours Mae, the rock"n"roll technique is a fab effect, a great card.

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful, beautiful card! I love that airy look. ;)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I would describe this as beautifully basic!! Must ink those leaves up again!

Folly said...

Wow, Mae, this is great. You've made me absolutely 'need' those leaves in my collection. :-)
Michelle.

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

A really lovely card Mae. The way you've done the leave background is just beautiful. I think you have convinced me that I need to get that set. Thanks for enabling me to buy another :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails