Friday, September 9, 2011

Just Add Ink #84 - Colour Challenge

Well it is Friday and that mean's another challenge from Just Add Ink. This week the challenge was set by me...White plus ONE other colour! When I put this challenge forward I had the idea of using Whisper White as the base and just adding a 'touch' of ONE other colour. However, when I eventually put my card together I went the other way around...I used the colour Always Artichoke and then added just a 'touch' of White with a thin border and white embossed greeting. I used my new stamp set Forever Young. I was happy with the outcome, although only a basic design and little detail, what do you think?


Now hop on over to the Just Add Ink blog and get inspiration from the very talented Design Team members and then join in the fun by linking up your project. Enjoy the challenge and have a great week!



14 comments:

Christine Blain said...

It's beautiful, Mae. The text paper, and the embossed image, give enough detail to your card. You know, it didn't even occur to me NOT to use white as a base, adding a touch of another colour. I need to work on my lateral thinking!

Jo said...

I love how you have stamped directly onto the DSP Mae. Very pretty.

Nikki Spencer said...

A fabulous idea to stamp on your DSP the way you have, using the white embossing to highlight your greeting looks very effective and the tone on tone of the image is awesome Mae, l love the overall look!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Simply beautiful Mae! The image looks wonderful stamped straight onto that dsp and I love the sentiment in white over the top too.

Tania Gould said...

Brilliant card Mae! And thanks for the idea of stamping onto DSP - I can't believe I haven't yet tried that!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I often forget to stamp directly onto DSP. This is simply beautiful, Mae.

KimB said...

This such an effective CAS card Mae. You've used the different tones, light and dark to create so much detail - very clever and lovely end result!
Kim xxx

Nicole Derendorf said...

That is simply elegant! I didn't get that stamp set but keep seeing cards like this that make me want to get it! Well Done!

Anonymous said...

classy ... Andrea & da dogs!

Lou said...

This card looks wonderful! You've inspired me to create something for this challenge (which I will be using as a prize for this weeks workshop!), and use my current favourite colours :)

Mae Collins said...

Looking forward to seeing what you create and seeing what your favourite colours are Lou!

Marlena M. said...

This is a gorgeous card. I love that silhouette image! ;)

Joan said...

What a marvelous way to use this DSP. Great card!

Susan Joyce said...

Love your card Mae, and how you used the DSP as the main image and the White embossed sentiment image.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails