Thursday, October 27, 2011

Christmas Stars


I meant to share this days ago but just didn't find the time to take my photos and to do my post. So without further ado, I wanted to share with you these beautiful Christmas stars that one of my recent recruits, Allison Payne, showed me how to make last Thursday evening. See I told you it was late...a whole week has gone by!



I have received one of these beautiful stars before in a swap from Carolyn Robinson, who also was generous in providing the instructions too, however I never got around to making one. I think I am more of a visual learner and so when Allison was offering a class to show how to make them I asked if I could join in and of course she said yes! It was a small and intimate gathering but one that was lots of fun none-the-less and full of inspiration. Thanks again Allison!


Don't you think they would look pretty hanging from a Christmas tree?  What I also really like about these Christmas decorations is that they can fold away so neatly, not take up much room and not get crushed while in storage for a whole year until the following Christmas. Here is what they look like closed.


I had so much fun making these that I thought I might make some for my next market, in varying sizes...do you think they will sell? Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

They are brilliant Mae, l love that they fold up so tiny.
I would definately make some for your next market...very cute indeed.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Clever chickie. These look great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails