Friday, October 28, 2011

JAI 91 - Colour Challenge

It's Friday and that means another great challenge at Just Add Ink...and this week it is a colour challenge...
Each month as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator we receive a monthly newsletter called Impressions which includes product information, art challenges, ideas, techniques and advice for demonstrators. Well the one I received the other day reminded me of a great technique that I like to use called Emboss Resist and so my card for this week's challenge was inspired by a card I saw in the newsletter using this technique.


With this card I first stamped the Medallion image with VersaMark ink, then embossed it with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. I sponged over it using Cherry Cobbler ink and a little Blushing Bride ink. Then using my French Script background stamp (now retired) and Jet Black StazOn ink (my added neutral colour) I stamped over the emboss resist image. I just loved the results and the added texture.

I then finished off my card with some ruffled Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding and added a centre flower layered with Basic Black and Blushing Bride, punched using the Boho Blossom punch. To this I added a beautiful Antique Brad and two tiny tags using the Tiny Tags stamp set and the coordinating punch. Love how everything coordinates with Stampin' Up! products.

Project Supplies:
Stamps: Medallion, French Script, Tiny Tags
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Basic Black 
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Blushing Bride, Jet Black StazOn, Versamark
Accessories: Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Antique Brad, Tiny Tags and Boho Blossoms Punches, Sponge

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you get a chance to hop on over to Just Add Ink to check out the gorgeous work from the rest of the DT and to link up your own entry.

Have a great weekend.

8 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Great technique - beautiful card.

Alison Barclay said...

This card is just extraordinary!!! I love it, love it, love it!! Such a beautiful result from the emboss resist technique....this is one of the best cards I've seen in some time. WOW! :)

Jo said...

I love how this has turned out Mae. It looks much nicer than the one in Impressions with the CC seam binding you've used :)

Nikki Spencer said...

My Impressions finally arrived yesterday, so now l can see your inspiration, you have done a beautiful case Mae, the way you have used the challenge colours is just stunning...may have to case your case..lol

Paula said...

This is an absolute WOW card Mae! Thanks for explaining how you pulled it alltogether too. It is so effective, I want to have a go at this one myself ♥

Karen said...

Gorgeous card Mae, love these colours and the touch of black just sets it off

KimB said...

Stunning card Mae - this is defintiely something I will have to try. Love how you faded the colours out towards the bottom it really accents the ribbon.
Kim xxx

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Gorgeous card Mae. I love your emboss resist on the medallion stamp, it is just so pretty in these colours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails