Tuesday, October 11, 2011

They are done!

At long last, it seems, I have finally finished my son Dylan's wedding invitations and they are now in the post (actually yesterday) on their way to all the invited guests. So now I feel I can share photos of the invites here on my blog that I made.

As my future daughter-in-law Sarah's favourite colour is purple I used Elegant Eggplant cardstock as the base card, which I then embossed with three flourishes from the Baroque Motifs stamp set in predesigned places to ensure they wrapped around the invite. Each invite was made from one A4 sheet of cardstock which had one end corner rounded, which was the closing flap. This A4 sheet was then scored and folded, with one fold creating a pocket for the inserts for the reception details and a RSVP insert. The inserts and actual invite section were made of White Vellum Cardstock (thanks Kathy Tanner for helping out when I was a few sheets short and waiting on my order to arrive!).

On the side of the invite section I stamped in Elegant Eggplant another flourish, which all needed to take time to dry so this step was a slow process as I was making 60 invites (I only really needed 54 but better to make extras, which I needed, plus I wanted a couple of spares for Sarah and I to use when srapbooking the wedding photos).

Around the whole invite itself I made a band of Elegant Eggplant bordered with Basic Black cardstock, over which I wrapped White Taffeta Ribbon (a few actually had White Satin Ribbon), which was threaded through a Diamonte Heart (the only piece of non-Stampin' Product used).

I was quite pleased with the results and so was my son and his fiance. Now it is time for the unveiling and for you to see what has been occupying my creative time of late!

The Completed Lot!
 
Invitation - closed.

Invitation - open.

Outside of Invitation.

 
Ready to Post.

All addressed, stamped and ready to be posted.
This was a labour of love but also an epic task as several steps had to be done over a period of time and it was mostly done by myself. I only hope the invited guests appreciate them as much as I did making them for the wedding. My son is one of my biggest fans and who encouraged me start this blog and share my love of stamping and creating with others. So it didn't surprise me when asked if I would make the invitations. I now have a few other items to create for the wedding...placecards, guest book and maybe small gift boxes.

8 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Woooohooooo! Very impressive, Mae. These look fantastic - well worth the time and effort. How about easel place cards? - hearts? butterflies? :)

Robyn said...

They are so lovely Mae! Such a great design- love the little pocket! I made my daughter's last year- know how you feel!

Lia said...

Very very beautiful!!!!!!!!

My daughters wedding was 2 years ago and i also made her invitations ( 120 totally). It was a lot of work but i enjoyed it so much........

lots of love from the Netherlands XXX

Nikki Spencer said...

Mae, you are amazing!..these are so lovely, so tastefully done and beautifully finished off! xxx

Di said...

Oh Mae, they're so beautiful & elegant. You've done such an awesome job. anyone would be thrilled to receive one. The baroque swirl is just perfect too - can't believe you embossed them too! Hugs. Di
PS. LOL Bronwyn's comment

Lou said...

They are absolutely gorgeous, Mae! I'm sure the guests will love them :)

Allison said...

Oh Wow Mae they look absolutely gorgeous!! Great job the labour of love was well worth it.. what a lovely surprise in the mail it will be for the guests

Christine Blain said...

Oh, Mae, they are BEAUTIFUL!! I love that Dylan is one of your biggest fans, when it comes to creating. You have done him and yourself proud with the exquisite invitations you've made. They are very special.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails