As my future daughter-in-law Sarah's favourite colour is purple I used Elegant Eggplant cardstock as the base card, which I then embossed with three flourishes from the Baroque Motifs stamp set in predesigned places to ensure they wrapped around the invite. Each invite was made from one A4 sheet of cardstock which had one end corner rounded, which was the closing flap. This A4 sheet was then scored and folded, with one fold creating a pocket for the inserts for the reception details and a RSVP insert. The inserts and actual invite section were made of White Vellum Cardstock (thanks Kathy Tanner for helping out when I was a few sheets short and waiting on my order to arrive!).
On the side of the invite section I stamped in Elegant Eggplant another flourish, which all needed to take time to dry so this step was a slow process as I was making 60 invites (I only really needed 54 but better to make extras, which I needed, plus I wanted a couple of spares for Sarah and I to use when srapbooking the wedding photos).
Around the whole invite itself I made a band of Elegant Eggplant bordered with Basic Black cardstock, over which I wrapped White Taffeta Ribbon (a few actually had White Satin Ribbon), which was threaded through a Diamonte Heart (the only piece of non-Stampin' Product used).
I was quite pleased with the results and so was my son and his fiance. Now it is time for the unveiling and for you to see what has been occupying my creative time of late!
|The Completed Lot!|
|Invitation - closed.|
|Invitation - open.|
|Outside of Invitation.|
|Ready to Post.|
|All addressed, stamped and ready to be posted.|