Friday, November 25, 2011

Bah Humbug!

The weeks seem to be flying by at the moment, here it is Friday again and that means another Just Add Ink challenge. As it is getting closer to Christmas and everyone is getting into that frame of mind it was decided to have a challenge for a Christmas card or project using NO traditional Christmas stamps and NO Christmas papers, you can use a Christmas greeting though. As I was thinking about this challenge I thought of the Button Buddies stamp set and the fact that at this time of the year many people get excited about eating lots of cherries...but not me as I don't like them. However, I did like the card I ended up making using the cherry stamp from that set. I also got to experiment with my new Designer Embossing Frames using the Big Shot and masking out some embossing from a Polka Dot Textured Embossing Folder.

This was my first attempt...


I was happy with it but thought maybe it would look better if I could add a little colour to the frame around the cherries. So using my Garden Green marker I coloured in the embossing folder before running my cardstock through the Big Shot and here was the result...


Here they both are side by side to compare the difference, which do you like best?


Now that you have popped into my blog why not pop over to the Just Add Ink blog and see what other ideas the rest of the Design Team came up with and have a go yourself using a non-traditional Christmas stamp on your next project and link it up for us all to see.

4 comments:

Christine Blain said...

These cards are beautiful, Mae. Great tip about using a marker to colour the little embossing folders; I wouldn't have thought to do that. I do like the pop of green around the frame, but I think my favourite is the 'white on white' one. Great Christmas cards!

Patrice said...

How can you not like cherries Mae? I love love love them. Summer fruit is the best!

Love your cards - the green on your frame is great, neat idea. I think I like white on white best though. It's bright and fresh!

Marlena M. said...

Both are beautiful, Mae! ;)

Nikki Spencer said...

I love the crisp white of these Mae, great idea to use markers on the frame too.
I'm with Patrice, l love Cherries and yours look yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails