Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Emboss Resist

As my previous post indicated, I am inspired by fellow stamper and JAI Design Team member Kathy Tanner, and wanted to CASE another card of hers (click here to see Kathy's cards) and so as I needed to prepare for my first Stamp Class for 2012 for this Friday and I also wanted to showcase the Emboss Resist Technique...I thought why not combine all three!

So that is what I did and I created these cards in two different colour ways for my class attendees to choose from, similar to what Kathy did for her stamp club.


The above card also allowed me to try a technique demonstrated by Carolyn Rakowski at Stampin' Up! Regionals in Hobart last September. Carolyn demonstrated 3D flowers and her Top Note Box. Her leaves were made by stamping French Foliage leaves with Cajun Craze onto Wild Wasabi cardstock. Using a bone scorer you score the centre grain of the leaf and then bend the leaf edges under. I enjoyed trying this technique on my leaf embelishment which I raised off my card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Here is a close up of the leaf, not sure how well you can see the scored grain lines...

Leaf close-up

Not Quite Navy and Basic Black
The second card I used Not Quite Navy and Basic Black as the colour combo and instead of a strip of ribbon and a leaf, I decided to add some Linen Thread and a 5/8" Jumbo Brad, onto wich I stamped 4YOU using Black Staz On ink.

I hope my class attendees enjoy making these cards as much as I did. Now off to prepare the class kits and step-by-step instructions.

Perfect day here to be in my craft room, wet and windy outside! Which is why my photos look a little overcast in my opinion.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are having a nice day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails