Saturday, February 25, 2012

Easter Workshop

This is a late post for the projects that I made for last Saturday's Easter workshop that a customer requested. I was really pleased with how they turned out and so were the hostess and guests.


I demonstrated the greeting card first showing the guests how easy it was to emboss some of Stampin' Up!'s beautiful Designer Series Paper (DSP) and added an additional texture to the beautiful patterns. I demonstratred the use of Stampin' Write Markers to colour in stamped images and as you can see my second bunny (on the gift card) I used Blush Blossom as opposed to the darker colour of which I think I used Crumb Cake, thinking Soft Suede (which was my contrasting border cardstock) would be too dark for the bunny. I also showed them the technique I learnt at last Convention (Melbourne 2011) from the very talented Teneale Williams on how easy it is to adhere and ruffle our lace ribbons simply using a glue stick. So easy!

My sample card also had a mistake in it which I notice every time I look at the card but which I decided to still show while putting together another as part of my demonstration. Can you see it?

I asked the ladies to let me know if they could spot my mistake and nobody did which goes to show that often when we put our cards together a mistake can often be not that noticeable...it is the fact that the right DSP strip was not cut straight and even so that when I adhered them to the Soft Suede cardstock the top edges almost touched. However, with the bunny image and ruffled lace embelishment the focus is not on that area anyway. What do you think?


For the workshop Make 'n' Take (where the guests get to make a project and take it home with them) I demonstrated how easy it is to make a box using the Big Shot and the Box No. 2 die. Before I put it together I showed them how to use the Stampin' Around Wheels to decorate it and again colour in the image using Stampin' Write Markers. The colour focus was the In Colors of Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral and Poppy Parade along with Soft Suede, which match perfectly with the Everyday Enchantment DSP (available in the current Sale-a-Bration promotion).


Using one sheet of A4 cardstock for each guest they were able to make the box and matching gift card, along with an offcut of Whisper White. They were able to also make a tag from the Lots of Tags die either in their colour choice, for a monochramatic look, or swap a piece with a friend to have a contrasting tag.

My sample box and gift card went of course to the hostess and the box was filled with...mini easter eggs of course!

It was a fun workshop and now I have another one to prepare for next week for one of the guests! Workshops are so much fun. If you want to book one with me just send me an email or give me a call (details on my blog above right). Don't forget that until 31 March we have the Sale-a-Bration promotion, a copy of the online brochure can be downloaded by clicking the image on the top left of my blog.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails