Friday, February 24, 2012

JAI #106 - Sketch Challenge

This week at Just Add Ink we have a sketch challenge for you...


As my previous post showed, I have been busy helping my husband create a new craft space for me, and so not only have I struggled with my stamping MOJO but also the time to sit down and just create something. Therefore, my submission for this week's JAI challenge is not one that I am particular happy with. Although I was happy with the colour combination and the fact that I made a masculine card and that I showed how you can flip the sketch to create a card rather than taking it literally as it displays. I just felt that it was too simple with no effective techniques or skill...just paper stuck on card to create a card!

Here is my card anyway...


How would you change it to give it that 'wow' factor?

Don't forget to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see the fabulous creations put together using this sketch by the other Design Team members and then show us how you can use it in your project for this week!

5 comments:

Julz said...

Mae I really REALLY like this card and don't think anything needs to change at all.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

The combo and design is perfect for a masculine card. The craft room is coming along nicely too. Can't wait to see the end result.

KimB said...

Mae you are way toooo hard on your self! Its a great guy card - they don't want all the bells and whistles - great colour combo too!
Kim xxx

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

This is a great card for a man Mae. I love the colours and clean lines of it.

Patrice said...

Terrific guy card Mae - stop being so tough on yourself. Simple is good - as Kim said, guys don't want all the bells and whistles.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails