Friday, February 10, 2012

JAI#104 - Back to School

Here in Tasmania many children have gone back to school, some schools may have even started last week. I am not exactly sure any more now that my children are teenagers and working! However, to help celebrate or support those going through the process of starting off a new school year, whether it be their first time or just going up a year, Just Add Ink decided to set this week's challenge as...

Back to School

I decided for this week's challenge to allow myself to make something that I have been wanting to do for a while now...a ribbon headband, following Sarah Klass' tutorial (past JAI Design Team member too!)...as all little girls need to have their hair back at school, to keep it out of their eyes while working and to help prevent sharing crawlies! Now, don't start itching!

I know it is not traditional school colours, but I wanted it to be pretty as well as being practical.



I had actually made the fabric flower before decorating the headband with ribbon and felt that my original flower was too big, so I made another smaller version. I wasn't going to let the first flower be set aside so I simply turned it into a hairclip.


Thanks to my daughter, Emily, for modelling my projects, even though she doesn't need to wear them for school. These might find their way to my next market! I might also find time to make a few more!

Don't forget to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog and see what other inspirational ideas the Design Team came up with, including our newest Design Team members! Then join in the fun, make your own project and link it up at JAI to share with us all.

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely weekend.

6 comments:

Christine Blain said...

These are beautiful, Mae. I can appreciate them particularly because I am surrounded by males, and love pretty, girly things! I think they'd be snapped up at your market :)

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Mae I bet your daughter just loves them both!
I hope she enjoying being back at school :)

Mae Collins said...

Trish my daughter has finished school now, she is working. She was just my model for that moment.

Nikki Spencer said...

These are perfect for keeping hair neat Mae, any little girl would love these l'm sure, very sweet!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

It looks so pretty Mae. Love that big pink button in the middle!

KimB said...

This has been on my to do list too Mae. Love yours and I bet my Miss would too - it looks fabulous :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails