Friday, February 17, 2012

Just Add Ink Colour Challenge #105

As I started to write this post for this week's Just Add Ink challenge I realised I should be taking photos to share with you of something that is happening at my house (and preventing me from going to Stampin' Up! Convention this May!)...that is the creation of a dedicated craft room for me! Well it will be a dedicated craft room when I don't have to give up half of it to visitors!

We have just finished painting and decoarting a bedroom (which initially was going to my husband and my new bedroom) but in to which we have allowed our 18yo daughter, Emily, to move into as she has really outgrown her little girl's bedroom! You should see the clothes and accessories etc that she had to fit into the new bigger wardrobe...I don't know where she put it all before!

Then we intend to knock out the dividing wall between her old room and the current study to turn it back into the long room it was when we first bought the house 25 years ago! It had initially been an add-on verandah to the original house I think! We had divided the space for my son and daughter to each have their own room and now it gets to turn into my craft room! Hubby is on 4 weeks holiday and so guess what I have got him working on! So I will get my camera out and take some progress shots to share with you here and to get ideas on how I should set it up. I am better at organising other people's spaces rather than my own!

Well on to the real reason for this post...that of letting you know what the current challenge is over at Just Add Ink. This week the lovely Kim Badelt has put forward a beautiful colour challenge for us. When I first saw these colours I thought of a floral or a baby card and as a few of the team had already gone with the floral theme I thought I would stick with the baby theme... especially as my friend's daughter Eliza is about to give birth any day now and I have also been making baby cards for a friend's shop as well!

Here are the beautiful colours...

Now here is my card that I created from these...

Project Supplies:
Stamps:
Baby Tees Jumbo Wheel, Well Scripted (Retired)
Cardstock:
Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink: Basick Black, Wisteria Wonder
Accessories: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Stampin' Write Markers, Victoria Crochet Trim, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive  


Now pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog and see what beautiful creations the other Design Team members came up with using the colours Kim challenged us with. Then have fun with them yourself and link up your project to share with us all.

Thanks for stopping by and I will try to remember those work-in-progress shots! I also have to take photos of the Easter projects I created today for my Stamp Workshop on Saturday and share those with you too.

6 comments:

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Mae a very cute card and I can't wait for pictures of your new craft space when it's all finished!!!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Very cute baby card Mae! I love the way you've coloured the onesies and love the addition of the lace too.

Christine Blain said...

Great idea to use these colours to make a gorgeous baby card, Mae. Can't wait to see progress photos of the new craft space!

KimB said...

It is indeed a lovely baby card Mae - the row of onsies is so cute and the lace adds a really special touch. Yes please do show us what is happening with your craft room.
Kim xxx

Jo said...

Just lovely Mae. Perfect colours for a baby card, esp if you don't know if it's going to be a boy or a girl.

Nikki Spencer said...

Love those sweet little onesies Mae, nice use of the colours in your colouring too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails