Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Too many butterflies?

I have finally got around to doing a card for the latest Mojo Monday sketch challenge...it has been a while!

Here is their sketch...

Now here is the card I made using their sketch as inspiration...

Project Supplies:
Cardstock: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Everyday Enchantment DSP (current SAB promotion) 
Ink: Poppy Parade
Accessories: Big Shot, Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Dies, Lots of Tags Sizzlits Die Set, Ribbon Originals Mistletoe, Bow Ezy, Stampin' Dimensionals, Adhesive

Do you think there are too many butterflies?

When I was placing out my pieces on my card I felt the 'Love' tag was too small for my card size and layout and that the ribbon was also a little too narrow and therefore created too small of a bow as well. However, as I had already adhered my ribbon onto my DSP I felt I had to go with what I had, so I thought to add the bigger butterfly to my card and then I just got carried away and added the others too! Do they look like they might be flying off my card? Is it too much?

Overall, I am happy with my card and I loved playing with the new DSP available in our current Sale-a-Bration promotion, but I just couldn't decide if I should have put ALL the butterflies on or not!

Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Mae I'm just loving this new DSP!!

I don't think you have too many butterflies :)

Lynn said...

Very pretty card & nice take on the sketch! I don't think there are too many butterflies...looks like they are in flight and flying off the page.

Myrna said...

Mae
Great card; and no there are NOT too many butterflies. :)
Myrna

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Seriously, Mae, you can never have too many butterflies. Love the DSP.

Narelle Farrugia said...

You can never have too many butterflies Mae! You've made a gorgeous card with this DSP - I haven't even cracked mine open yet!

Diane Barnes said...

Hi Mae. Really beautiful take on the sketch & live hw you used the butterflies. Definitely not too many. Inky hugs, Di

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is simply gorgeous! Love how you did the butterflies. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Lynda said...

I have always maintained that u can never have too many b'flies Mae. I love the whimsy the b'flies give this card. So well done.

Jodene said...

You can never have too many butterflies Mae :) And I just love your card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails