Friday, March 2, 2012

JAI#107 - Just Add....Nikki Spencer

Friday and that means it's time for another weekly Just Add Ink challenge and this week we have a different challenge for you, we want you to CASE fellow "Design Team" member Nikki Spencer. So go check out Nikki's beautiful creations, choose one you like (I bet you find that hard to do...there are so many fantastic ones to choose from!) and CASE it or put your own spin on it.

Here's my choice (click here to see it on her blog), I followed Nikki's layout, although I didn't make my own DSP like she did, but swapped the stamps and colours to make it different. I also didn't do as many layers as I think Nikki did on her card and my butterfly is from a die and not a stamp that is cut out. I also made a watermark effect on the Pool Party cardstock as well and put my pearls on the butterfly and not the flowers.


Here is my card on its own...

Here is a look at the inside of my card which I also decorated a little and put in a greeting...


This card was made for my daughter to give to one of her BFs on her birthday and which was appreciated.

The rest of the Design Team have done a lovely job of CASEing Nikki so pop on over to Just Add Ink for more inspiration and play along with this week's challenge...the best part is all the hard work is already done for you when CASEing someone else.

8 comments:

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Mae fantastic CASE - love love love that colour combo and dsp!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I love your CASE of Nikki's card Mae. Really pretty!

Christine Blain said...

Absolutely beautiful, Mae! I love that you've stayed true to the layout and elements on Nikki's card, but injected your own personality into the design. You just can't go wrong with that beautiful DSP, and butterfly die!

Nikki Spencer said...

Mae, you have done me proud! l adore your choice of DSP and colours and especially like the watermark effect..Beautiful, thank you!

KimB said...

This is a lovely CASE Mae. Vintage and modern at the same time. The pearls finish it all off beautifully.
Kim xxx

Patrice said...

What a lovely CASE Mae - love the dsp you chose to work with and love that you added the watermark effect - those pearls are the perfect finish too.

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Beautiful card Mae. I love the way you've used the dsp and love the background stamping too.

Jo said...

Mae, this is a great CASE of Nikki's card. The DSP is gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails