Monday, April 23, 2012

Birthday Card for Grace

My daughter's goddaughter, Grace, had a birthday this week, she turned 5, and so Emily asked me to make a card for her and so I thought I would share it here as well. It will be interesting to see if Grace's mother sees this card on my blog before Emily gets the opportunity in her busy schedule to visit them and give it to her along with her present...as my friend, Grace's mother, follows my blog, I think! Although she may be too busy to pop in here regularly and so it might be a surprise when it is given, she works, has many children and some grandchildren, plus lots of alpacas and knitting Little Knats to keep her occupied and off my blog!

As Grace turned 5 I thought it was lovely how the numbered DSP I used blended in behind my feature image and yet you can still see a couple of 5s on the piece. As you can also see I am still loving the new pleated satin ribbon and this time I used Blushing Bride ribbon on my latest card.


Please don't ask me how me how many times I tried making that scallop border frame to fit and to punch out so nicely...I had several attempts and lots of mess to clean up afterwards! However, if I remember correctly the piece of cardstock I ended up using was 5 1/4" x 3 13/16" and it made an 8 by 11 scallop edge. I followed the tutorial on Gretchen Barron's blog here to get the technique and just played around with the sizing until I got what I wanted!

I must get myself some more Blushing Bride cardstock as I wanted it to match the ribbon as my card base and found that it was my last sheet, luckily I only need half a sheet to make a card!



1 comment:

Christine Blain said...

What a gorgeous card, Mae! I found myself in the same situation with Blushing Bride cardstock recently ... had to hurriedly stock up, so I could match it to the lovely pleated ribbon. I'm sure the birthday girl will LOVE this card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails