Saturday, April 21, 2012

Feather cards

I have been asked to create some cards for a new shop opening up soon in Sorell called 'Feathers and Nest' and I have previously made some cards featuring birds or bird cages and was asked if I had any feather stamps. So naturally I turned to the lovely Stampin' Up! stamp set Natures Nest which has a peacock feather image and these are 6 cards I made up tonight, playing around with different colour combinations and embelishments. I just can't seem to make multiples of the one design, even when asked to make cards for a shop. Each card is individual just like when I make birthday cards, I just can't go to my card box of premade cards, I have to make a new card for the person concerned.

I realised I had packaged up the 6 cards before I took a photo of them and I wasn't going to take them out of the plastic bags in case I tore the bags. So I apologise for the glare off the plastic and the poor photography.





I enjoyed getting a different feather each time I inked up the feather image using my Stampin' Write Markers. I don't think any two feathers would be the same if plucked off a peacock, do you?



4 comments:

Jodene said...

These are so pretty Mae! I am sure they will love these.

Nikki Spencer said...

Mae these are awesome, l'm totally loving the focus of the single feather, l'm sure they will be a big hit.xxx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love the CAS design - so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Mae these are exquisite (I hope I spelt that right?) I'm loving seeing all your bird inspired creations. Cheers Donna Zammit :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails