Friday, April 6, 2012

JAI #112 - Colour Challenge

This week at Just Add Ink we have a Colour Challenge and these colours were suggested by the lovely Kim Badelt. Here are the colours (although the pink and vanilla are hard to see on the colour buttons)...

Last weekend I spent a lovely time crafting and chatting with past JAI Design Team members Bronwyn Eastley (thanks Bron for the comfortable bed in your craft room for those two nights!) and Tania Gould, and I feel they inspired me in my card this week. When I was putting my card together on Tuesday evening I used some elements, the bird cage and doily die, that I cut out at Bron's place and I felt the style reflected that of Bron and Tania, rather than my usual creations. Anyway I appreciated the inspiration they gave me and I was very happy with my card. Here it is...


Another angle, in which you can see a sneak peak of the inside, which I did decorate.



I actually carried over the embossing pattern that I used on the Pink Pirouette on the front of the card, onto Very Vanilla and sponged the edges with Crumb Cake before adhering it to the centre of my card.

I think this card will definitely be going to my friend's daughter for her new shop she is opening up in May, which has a bird theme...I must find out exactly what she is calling her shop.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to Just Add Ink to see what other beautiful creations were made by the DT using these lovely colours, and then have fun using them yourself and don't forget to link up your project on the JAI blog.

Have a happy and safe Easter!



8 comments:

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Mae you have put in so much detail and work into this card!
The embossed bird on the branch is lovely.

I'm glad you had a great time crafting with 2 great friends!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Sounds like you had a great time "up north" Mae! And you've come home with some goodies and used them beautifully. The cage and bird are wonderful and I especially love the embossing folder (it looks fantastic on the inside as well).

Bronwyn Eastley said...

All I can say is this card took my breath away and it is officially 'pinned' :)

KimB said...

Ooh the layers in this are just gorgeous Mae!!Love all the detail especially the open birdcage door ;) How lovely that you had a great time catching up with Bron and Tania :)
Kim xxx

Christine Blain said...

This is an incredibly beautiful card, Mae. I love all the gorgeous details ... too many to list! Just fabulous. How lovely to spend the weekend crafting with Bron and Tania; I'm a teensy bit jealous, but very happy for you! xx

Nikki Spencer said...

Love all the detail on this beautiful card Mae, the background embossing is a really lovely accent and pulls it all together beautifully.

Jodene said...

This card is jaw-droppingly gorgeous Mae! I love everything about it.

Anonymous said...

I think this is just fabulous Mae ... cheers Andrea & the dogs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails