Friday, April 20, 2012

JAI#114 - Just Add...Jodene!

Well here it is Friday again and another week seems to have flown by! Last Friday evening I put my new craft space to the test with my first Stamp Class held in there (8 guests to be exact!), as opposed to my kitchen where I have to set up and pack up for each month, this way at the end of the evening I can just close the door and pack up in the morning. However, this time it didn't work quite that way as I also had visitors who were being accommodated in that space, not while the class was being held though, and poor Jorja my niece was so tired we had to put her to bed on my bed until the class had finished. I then simply pushed the tables aside, remade the beds and my visitors were set for the evening again! The space worked well. I still have yet to purchase a sofa bed and install it in my room and so that will then make for a more interesting arrangement of space when I hold a stamp class.

Anway, enough about my room and it is time to get on for the main reason for this post...to announce this week's Just Add Ink challenge. At JAI the Design Team not only enjoy inspiring others but also amongst ourselves and so as a recognition of this we are being challenged to Just Add....Jodene!

Jodene Tripp is one very talented lady who enjoys colouring in with Copics and often using sketch challenges as her base for inspiration. Oh, to colour like Jodene!

Here is my attempt at creating a card that shows how Jodene inspires me...


I have sent this card to my niece Fiarna whose birthday I missed posting in time for (sorry Fiarna!) and I hope she likes it.

Check out Jodene's blog, find a card that inspires you to make something and then share it with us on Just Add Ink.
 


7 comments:

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Your card (or Fiarna's) is very cute Mae. I love the way you've coloured her and that bow next to her looks fabulous too.

Christine Blain said...

Mae, this is such a gorgeous card - I love it! You have nailed Jodene's style; it's perfect. I'll bet your niece LOVES this card :)

Jodene said...

I love your case of my card Mae, and your colouring is fantastic! I am sure your niece is going to adore this card :)

Nikki Spencer said...

You have done a great job with the colouring Mae, she is a real cutie!
A gorgeous case of Jodene!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Beautiful card! I love your colouring and pairs beautifully with that DSP. You must be so pleased to have your new stamp space - congrats!

Tina said...

I love your card - it's so cute and you captured Jodene's style so well. How exciting to have your own crafting space to close the doors on when it gets too messy!

AnnieNewZazz said...

Yes Fiarna does love the card. her only comment was "she has no mouth". ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails