Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Stamp Class M&T

This coming Friday is the inaugral Stamp Class test driving my new craft space! It will also be the second night that I have visitors staying as well and using that same space (although in this instance it will require setting up and resetting up between sleeps!). Therefore, my newly created space will be given a good test drive and hopefully useful feedback on how to make it function better and more comfortably.

For this stamp class I had a request from a regular attendee, thanks Sarah L, that we make a card with layers and added dimension...which to me was a great reason to play with my new products from the latest Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue. This card took me a while to put together, because although I had a general idea in my head of what I wanted to create and the stamp set I wanted to use, Apothecary Art, I needed to use colours of cardstock and accessories that I had on hand (to use up some of my stash!) and that would work well together. So it took me time to get my sample card made, in terms of converting the idea into an actual card, but now it would not take me so long. The designing for me always seems to be the hardest part!

Here is the card I made and those coming on Friday night will get to recreate...


Stamp Set: Apothecary Art, Language of Friendship, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Cardstock & Paper: Lucky Limeade, Everyday Enchantment DSP, Pool Party, Watercolor Paper, Very Vanilla
Ink: Soft Suede, Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Stampin' Write Markers (Soft Suede, Pool Party, Pacific Point, Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade), Blender Pen, Framelits Labels Collection, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Sponge Daubers/Sponges, Paper Piercer/Mat Pack, Victoria Crochet Trim, Blushing Bride 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon, Punches (Word Window, Modern Label, Bird Builder), Pearl Basic Jewels, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Sticky Strip


I wasn't sure whether to add the bird element or not. The card looked fine without it but I just wanted to add something extra...do you think it is too much? Class attendees can opt to include it or not.

Just so you can see the dimensions or layers I put on my card I took a couple of shots side-on...



Notice in the bottom photo that I have tucked my lace ribbon under my DSP, I nearly always do this as I don't like edges showing. However, if I leave the ends 'untucked' like with my Pleated Satin Ribbon, I will singe the edges with a flame so they seal and don't unravel. Although be careful with some ribbons as they may just burn up rather than melt a little to seal them (forgot which type did that to me a few weeks ago).

I really enjoyed layering this card design and adding the little extras of lace, ribbon, pearls etc. I also used some of my Sale-a-Bration DSP, which I have 3 packs off, but this could be swapped for any piece of coordinating DSP. Two of the new ones in the current mini (which I don't have yet!) called Twitterpated and Attic Boutique would work just as well.

Thanks also to Tania Gould for selling me her light box set up (much more compact than my previous one!), which allowed me to take a photo of my card and upload it to my blog tonight, without having to wait for tomorrow and better lighting...thanks again Tania!

It is going to be a busy two days as I also work 9 to 5 this Thursday and Friday! I will just have to try and be very organised tomorrow, while also going up to town to pick up DH's birthday present...his birthday is Thursday as well.

I hope everyone who is coming on Friday night (7 out of 8 at this stage!) enjoys making this card as much as I have done creating a sample for them to follow. Might see if I have time to actually type up some step-by-step instructions for those who prefer this method of learning, before Friday, but that might just be wishful thinking as I still have the kits to prepare!



5 comments:

Sandy said...

This is so pretty I really like the bird on it.

Sylvia Buist said...

Love your card, and the bird element.

Patrice said...

Mae your card is lovely, very feminine. Not being a big fan of birds I'd probably opt out on that little addition but it looks fine sitting up there, not out of place or too much at all.

Good luck testing your new craft space this Friday, I hope it goes really well.

Jodene said...

Wow Mae, this is just gorgeous! I think I am going to have to get this set now! lol

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautiful Mae, l adore the colours you have used, it's so soft and pretty, l bet the girls will love it!
Have fun in your new room, l'm sure it will all run smoothly. xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails