Friday, May 4, 2012

JAI #116 - Just Add...Mother

Here it is another Friday, which means time for another Just Add Ink Challenge!

This week's challenge is all about the special women in our lives. Mother's Day is just around the corner here in Australia so we want you to "Just Add...Mother" - or any other special woman in your life - and let them know how special they are.

For my card I decided to try the Faux Mother-of-Pearl Technique, appropriate I thought for the occasion.


When I had put my card together I felt it needed that something extra so I made a grosgrain rosette to put the finishing touch to it. I might have gone a bit overboard though with adding the extra pearls to the flower centre...what do you think?

This close-up might also show better the Faux Mother-of-Pearl using my Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, sponged onto Glossy White Cardstock using scrunched up GladWrap, and then sponging some Baja Breeze Ink over the top. I then used Stazon Black Ink to stamp my image over the top and coloured my flowers and leaves with a Blender Pen and some Rose Red and Old Olive Ink. I was pleased with the overall effect.


Stamps: Apothecary Art, For My Family
Inks: Baja Breeze, Rose Red, Old Olive, Black Stazon
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Rose Red, Glossy White
Accessories: Framelits Dies Labels Collection, Lattice Embossing Folder, GladWrap, Champagne Mist Shimmer paint, Sponge, Baja Breeze Pleated Ribbon, Grosgrain Ribbon, Pearls, Blender Pens, Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals

Don't forget to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see what other inspiration the Design Team have for Mother's Day and then make your card/project for that special woman in your life and link it up so we can all share in celebrating these special women.



8 comments:

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Love the rosette and I think your card is just so soft and sweet!!

Christine Blain said...

I LOVE that you've used Rose Red, Mae; it's an often-forgotten colour in my collection, but it is just beautiful. Lovely technique, and the ribbon rose is gorgeous. This is a really beautiful card.

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

It's a beautiful feminine card Mae. Love the flower you made and the mother of pearl looks fantastic with the baja over the top.

KimB said...

Beautiful card Mae. You did a wonderful job colouring the flowers and I would definitely say the pearls were not too much for the rosette! Love the lattice background too :)
Kim xxx

Nikki Spencer said...

Such a pretty card Mae, l love the mother of pearl technique it's gorgeous and that rosette is the perfect addition. xxx

Tina said...

Such a soft, beautiful card Mae. I love your rosette and I think the pearls are the perfect finishing touch.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Beautiful card Mae! I've never tried this technique but it looks fabulous! BTW - you can never have too many pearls in my opinion :)

Jo said...

Very pretty Mae. The Faux MOP technique sounds interesting. Might have to give it a go.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails