Saturday, June 9, 2012

JAI DT Birthdays

I try to send birthday cards to those special people in my lives, when I remember their birthdays and can get them in the post in time! Well recently two of the JAI DT have celebrated their birthdays, Chantell back in May and Delys today (happy birthday!), and I actually got their birthday cards to them in time for their special days.

Here is the one I made for Chantell, trying out my new Edgelit Dies...


I even managed to decorate the inside, which I don't do very often...


This is the one I sent to Delys and I can post it here as she has already told me that she has received it in NZ. For this one I made it quickly the morning I needed to get it in the post and so decided to look on Pinterest to see what Delys had pinned there that she liked and I saw a vellum flower that she liked, so I took that idea to use on my card. I then found this card by Amy White pinned on Nikki Spencer's board and as I liked the layout I used it and some elements on my card as well. Knowing that one of Delys' favourite colours is red I used that for my ribbon and feature colour...and this is the result...


I was quite pleased with how it turned out and I hope Delys really liked it. I also recalled the technique that Carolyn Rakowski showed us at Stampin' Up! Regionals in Hobart last September, stamping French Foliage leaves with Cajun Craze onto Wild Wasabi cardstock, they look so realistic and added a bit more dimension to the vellum flower. (I didn't actually decorate the inside of Delys' card just added my message.)

Now it is time for me to go an create in my craft room as I have the house to myself and I can do what I like! So hopefully in the next few days I might have some more items to share with you or I might get ahead a little with my JAI commitments!

Cya! Thanks for stopping by.



3 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

These are both stunning, Mae. I'm sure the girls loved them.

Nikki Spencer said...

Oh Mae, these are both gorgeous, l love the vellum flower and leaf technique..very pretty!

Sharnee Torrents said...

What stunning colours you've chosen! THe first one is soooo amazing! Well love them both actually but that first one has my fav colour so it's just in front!! he he!
Well done lovely Mae, hope you are well and enjoying your crafting time!
SMiles Sharnee :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails