Friday, June 1, 2012

JAI#120 - Inspiration Photo

A little while between posts because I went away last weekend, visiting Gary's mum and family, plus some of mine who live in Victoria, and it was a lovely time together, catching up, seeing a new great nephew and taking over some more of his mum's belongings that were stored in our shed.

This weekend I wish I wasn't here as well, I am wishing that I was in Canberra, where Stampin' Up! are holding their annual Convention and to which many of the Just Add Ink girls have gone to! I so wish I was there with them having fun and getting lots of great ideas and new goodies! Last year was my very first SU! Convention and I got to meet a lot of the JAI girls face-to-face and it was like we had known each other for years...Delys and I clicked so much and shared similar likes that she called me 'twinnie'! It was also great to share my love of SU! products with so many like-minded demonstrators...however, I made the choice this year to upgrade my craft space (so my Convention savings were spent!) and that space will last me a long time...there is always next year!

Anyway on to this week's Just Add Ink Challenge and it is an inspirational photo provided by Jodene Tripp... so use it to provide inspiration for your project whether it be the colours, elements within the photo or its layout... whatever takes your eye! Here is the photo...


Here is my card, taking inspiration from the lavender colour (then using the Color Coach to pick a colour combo based around Wisteria Wonder - teamed up with Lucky Limeade and  Elegant Eggplant), the boxes (I therefore used the Designer Frames Embossing Folder) and of course the panelled wall (I used the Stripes Embossing Folder to replicate this)...


Stamps: Fresh Vintage (SAB), You Are Loved, Perfect Punches
Inks: Elegant Eggplant
Cardstock: Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
Accessories: Stampin' Write Markers (Lucky Limeade, Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder), Big Shot, Stripes Embossing Folder, Designer Frames Embossing Folder, Modern Label Punch, Seam Binding Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive

I was quite happy with the result and also had an opportunity to try out a technique of spraying hairspray onto Seam Binding Ribbon to help it hold its scrunched up appearance.

Pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog as some of the other Design Team members have also created cards using various elements of the photo above for inspiration, and then join in the fun and link up your project.

Have a lovely weekend and thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your card Mae, it's beautiful. Cheers Donna Zammit :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Mae your card is so pretty. I love your picture frames - they look amazing in those colours. I was completely bummed to miss convention as I've never been to one yet. Next year, I'm there and I can't wait to meet you and all the girls!

Inspired Expressions said...

Beautiful!! so fresh and clean, love the colour combination - very inspiring.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails