Friday, June 15, 2012

JAI#122 - Just Add...Delys Cram!

As the post title announces, this week at Just Add Ink we are CASEing another of our Design Team members and this time it is the very talented and lovely Delys Cram! I had the pleasure of meeting Delys in person at last year's Stampin' Up! Convention and was so disappointed that I didn't get to share the experience with her again this year. Delys and I had a lot of things in common and we would often order the same things or say almost the same things at the same time, without realising it, so much that she nicknamed me 'twinnie'.

I love Delys' scrapbooking layouts as much as her other papercrating projects that I decided that was what I was going to do this week when CASEing her. It was hard to pick a favourite as I liked a number of her ideas, such as her one photo focus, her strips of journalling and I especially loved the layout she did recently of her husband 'you mean the world to me', which was the one I nearly did a CASE of...maybe another time!

Anyway, click here to see Delys' layout that I did end up CASEing and here is mine...


This photo was taken a few years ago when celebrating at my late aunt's birthday and we realised all the generation of 'Huisman' men were there, so we needed to capture the moment.

Here are a couple of close-ups of my journalling and page title...



You have to go check out Delys' blog as you will find lots to inspire you and then CASE a project of hers and join us at Just Add Ink this week by linking it up there.



6 comments:

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Great take on Delys' page and how lovely for all the generations to be together :)

Christine Blain said...

Great layout, Mae; you've captured this special occasion perfectly. I love how you've taken inspiration from Delys' layout, but made it very much your own.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Well done, Mae, for doing a scrapbook page - brave girl!! It has the perfect elements for a male theme and it's a great tribute to Delys.

KimB said...

Mae you did such a great job putting this together. Its clean and not fussy but has lots of texture from the DSP, and even the journalling strips which tell the family story!

Nikki Spencer said...

The final product was so worth the extra thought process Mae, it is a really wonderful layout created with love & such a lovely tribute to Delys.

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

This is a wonderful page Mae.
I love the way you've done the journalling and love the combination of dsp you've used.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails