Monday, July 16, 2012

50th Birthday

One of my friends celebrated her 50th birthday last week and I had started making her card before visitors descended on our home and for whom I had to give up my craft room. As a result I couldn't reach my craft desk until tonight when all beds and bedding were packed away...although my craft room is still not fully set up again...just enough to get to my desk!

So tonight I got to finish the birthday card, which I can share with you all as my friend does not follow my blog...atleast not that I know of! She is too busy to spend time on a computer and does a lot with her girls.

Here is the card that I finished for her, photo taken from a few angles as my light box is not yet set up and I could only take these shots in this basic light...




I thought the occasion deserved some special DSP and so I broke open my beautiful Mocha Morning Specialty DSP pack and used the lovely black flocked piece as my background on Basic Black cardstock. I coloured the Apothecary Art image with my Stampin' Write Markers (Real Red and Glorious Green) and because I just wanted a small black edge I fussy cut the main image and then used the same sized Labels Collection Framelit die to create a small border edge.

I used my Elementary Elegance stamp set for the greeting, inking the words separately with my Basic Black marker to split the words so I could add a subtle '50th' using some Making Memories number stamps and a Tiny Tags Punch to add some emphasis. Some beautiful Black Satin Ribbon added the finishing touch.

As this was a special card and I had used black as my card base I decorated the inside to add a special message from me.



I used the coordinating flourish from Elements of Style stamp set to follow the theme on the inside and again used a Labels Collection Framelit die to create the inside panel.

Now it is time for me go find my bed as I have a full day of appointments tomorrow at work and I need my beauty sleep rest!

Thanks for stopping by.



4 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Ohhhhh this is stunning Mae!

Tina said...

Wow! Gorgeous card Mae! I bet your friend will love it!

Sonia G said...

Your card is divine.

Love your work.

Cheers
Sonia G

Christine Blain said...

This is really lovely, Mae; it's obvious that a lot of love and effort has gone into your friend's card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails