Friday, July 13, 2012

JAI#126 - Sketch Challenge

This post is one that I had scheduled for a while so I hope it doesn't post early and that it works ok for when it is planned.

This Friday the challenge from Just Add Ink is to use a sketch I created...


I made this card for my nephew Reuben's 18th so I hope he liked it, along with his present a 'universal tool' that we also had engraved especially for the occasion...I can share what he got as he would have received it a week or so back now.


I usually struggle with masculine cards but with the sketch this one came together quite quickly and I was happy with the result, my son gave his approval for it, so it must be ok!

Go check out what the other girls did with the sketch and join in the challenge at Just Add Ink this week.



8 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love the 'grunge' look on this masculine card, Mae. Top job!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Mae you've created a fab male card!! I really like the worn look paper you have used :)

Christine Blain said...

This is a very cool 'guy' card, Mae! I love to use Well Worn DSP, and Extreme Elements, on masculine cards - you can't go wrong!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

This is a great guy's 18th card Mae. Your wonderful sketch worked perfectly with the "grunge".

Nikki Spencer said...

Love the muted grunge look you have created Mae, the eyelets and twine are a great addition.

KimB said...

Ooh great guy card Mae, love your linen thread border, and the well worn paper gives it the right touch of teen grunge!
xxx

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is a fab 18th birthday card Mae - love the twine threaded thru the jumbo eyelets (pity they're retired)

Sharnee Torrents said...

MATE!!! YOu superstared on this card!! I should think so that you got approval, it's screaming "BOYNESS" and totally working in all the right ways!!! Well done lovely lady!! YOu should make some more while the male creative juice is flowing!!
Smiles Sharnee :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails