Friday, July 27, 2012

JAI#128 + more!

Well I have finally got around to posting my card for the latest Just Add Ink challenge and actually getting it finished this afternoon. I had a good reason to be in my craft room as my beautiful niece Holly Huisman was visiting and so I finished work early and her and I had some fun time creating together!

I had been trying to get my card for the challenge finished over the last few nights but doing it late at night after a full day of work, I kept smudging my work and getting disappointed with the results...so this afternoon it came together for me. Holly also had a go at making the same card but with different colours and I think she has done a marvellous job...don't you?

Here is my card....


Here is a closeup of the texture we put on our flower pots!
Then, here is Holly's card...

Now the two of them together, I think she has done an excellent job copying me as I worked, she is only 8 years old!

Maybe we need to recruit her to the JAI Design Team!

After we had made these cards Holly saw a beautiful card that Patrice Easton had made as part of one of our JAI swaps and thought it would be a nice card to make as well...so we made our first Easel Cards!

Here is Patrice's original card we CASED...


Here is Holly's version...

She had fun playing with our Stampin' Up! Pastels on this one!
Here is my version...


Again the two of our cards side by side, just so you can see how talented she is...she also had fun putting everything through the Big Shot...Patrice you really inspired my niece today!


Holly was very particular that the Framelits Label Die was the right way to get the flower stamp centred and the same way that Patrice had on her card. After we had put our cards together Holly then noticed that Patrice had also inked the edges of her stamped panel and had put some lovely shimmer on her flowers which we neglected to do on ours. Maybe next time!

It was fun playing in my craft room this afternoon a great stress release and fun sharing the joy of creating with a very talented young girl...a budding crafter here!

We might even get to do a masculine card after tea if we have time.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog and join in with this week's challenge and see what other great projects the DT came up with from the inspiration photo that inspired the first card in this post.

Have a lovely weekend.



6 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I can see your niece inherited some crafty 'genes'. All the cards are absolutely gorgeous. You must be a great teacher, Mae.

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Oh Mae it sounds like you are having so much fun!! All your cards are beautiful :)

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

All the cards are wonderful Mae and Holly. Sounds like you had lots of fun in your new craft room.

KimB said...

Love the idea of popping the Elements flowers into a vase Mae - looks great! It sounds like you and Holly had a wonderful afternoon both her creations are really lovely!
xxx

Nikki Spencer said...

Lovely collection Mae, it looks like you had a great time crafting together...Treasured Memories" for you both!
Love the dropped petal on your JAI card too.

Narelle Farrugia said...

These are fantastic Mae! I have boys so when my niece comes over we head straight to my craft room to play! She's going to be a wonderful card maker!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails