Friday, August 10, 2012

JAI 130 - Just Add...Blue & Bling!

Well it is another Friday and that means another Just Add Ink challenge and this week it was my turn to do the post and to also put together a project as part of the Design Team for this week...so of course I had to find some time in my busy schedule at the moment to make a card.

The challenge this week, suggested by the beautiful Nikki Spencer, is to Just Add...Blue & Bling!  I had an idea in my head and although it has come together it wasn't quite as well as I had imagined it, however, as I didn't have the time to redo it, it will have to suffice. Yes, I know we are always our own harshest critics!

Here is my card with my blue brayered sky and the bling is the Dazzling Diamonds on the trees and the embelishments, although I do wish I hadn't put on the rhinestone on the tree-top, but once it was on it had to stay there!






Thanks for stopping by and your lovely comments, if you find the time and desire to make them, now you should pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog and join in with this week's challenge too!



6 comments:

Annette said...

Mae, this is stunning. The brayered sky and the snow line are so life like. I think I like the rhinestone on top of the tree. Perhaps the first of the Christmas lights or decorations?

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Mae I like that little sleigh!
Blue really is perfect for the winter Christmas theme.

Nikki Spencer said...

You are way to hard on yourself Mae, l love your card, especially that you used brayering, something l avoid at all costs..:0)
That little sleigh is very cute and perfect for your pretty Christmas scene!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

I love the way you've done the snow Mae, it looks great. It's a beautiful Christmas card. The inside looks great too!

KimB said...

Oh Mae it is truly a lovely card. I love these wonderful scene cards but have never been brave enough to tackle one myself!! I think the rhinestone works well to balance the sleigh so just as well you couldn't unstick it!!
xxx

Narelle Farrugia said...

Mae this is gorgeous - I'm gonna so have to get my brayer out of it's unopened box and try it! Love that little charm too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails