Sunday, October 14, 2012

JAI #139 - Theme Challenge

Well I am a bit late with this week's post for Just Add Ink's challenge, which started on Friday, but I have been distracted with the excitement of picking up my new car yesterday...we have bought a brand new Nissan XTrail...hubby thought I was going to sleep in it last night as we had gone for a lovely drive in it and then I spent a couple of hours sitting in it reading parts of the User Manual on how things worked...including ringing from the driveway to him inside the house playing with my phone and bluetooth!

Anway, enough of that news now onto the challenge for this week at Just Add Ink. With the release of the new Stampin' Up! Catalogue and Holiday Mini we thought it would be a good idea to have the challenge focussed on 'new' items...so go ahead and play with your new products and share with us what you make.

I had fun playing with my new stamps and dies that coordinate...Scentsational Season Bundle which included a stamp set and matching framelit dies focussing on Christmas (although I didn't use the scented embossing powder on this card)...and I have used it for a non-Christmas card it was for a birthday card for my niece Jorja. My niece has Down Syndrome and this coming weekend I was hoping to participate in the Buddy Walk, which is a fundraising campaign for Down Syndrome Tasmania, with Jorja and her family however, I will be doing my first market to the season on the same day at the same time. So instead I made a donation to the great cause, which is to help support these families and in particular to enable children with Down Syndrome to realise their full potential. So proud of the progress Jorja is making and she just loves school.

Here is the card of made for her of tumbling gingerbread men...they are yummy to eat at anytime of the year!


 
Now pop on over to Just Add Ink to see what other lovely products the Design Team have been playing with and then join in the fun yourself and upload your created project.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend...off to drive my new car again!



1 comment:

Nikki Spencer said...

Very cute idea Mae! I love the upside down one, l must remember that...:0)
Lol...l can understand your excitement and the entertainment value of your shiny new toy, how exciting for you, enjoy my friend and drive safe! xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails