Friday, October 5, 2012

JAI#138 - Colour Challenge


Well this week over at Just Add Ink, the lovely Kim Badelt has challenged us to incorporate one of the new Stampin' Up! In Colors "Summer Starfruit" into our projects this week, along with two other neutral colours...Basic Gray and Whisper White. I had these three ink pads sitting on my desk for over a week trying to gather inspiration, for some reason I didn't and still don't really like Summer Starfruit, although others just love it!
However, as it was my turn to put a project forward as part of the DT I just add to make something and so I decided to "just let myself play" as others often put it and see what gets created. So I used a new stamp set of mine "Papaya Collage" and decided that I wanted to do some fussy cutting of these images and to make a collage type effect. I made the various elements and just placed them on my card, moving them around until I was satisfied with the layout and then decided to add dimension...with you guessed it Stampin' Dimensionals, to raise various elements off the card.

I was going to use some of the Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon that had just arrived in the mail as part of a JAI Ribbon Swap, but it just didn't look right and I felt I needed some white ribbon to give it a lift and to stick with the feel of the card.

So after several hours of just playing at my craft desk this is the card that I finished up with, what do you think?






I even decorated the inside of the card, however, I seem to have forgotten to photograph that view.

You have to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to check out what the other DT team created, they have some lovely inspirational projects...and then join in the fun of this week's colour challenge and upload your entry to share with us.

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely weekend...I intend to as I have a stamp workshop with friends and local ladies on Saturday afternoon (hi Sarah!).




7 comments:

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Mae your card is lovely! It's hard to make things come together if you don't like one of the colours - but you've done a fab job here :)

KimB said...

The hours of playing were definitley worth it Mae! It is a gorgeous card, love your image layering and the gentle vintage feel to it.xxx

Sharnee Torrents said...

Dear lovely Mae,
this card is sooooo beautiful! WOW there is sooo many pretty things to look at.... especially love those flowers and the choice of white ribbon was spot on!! Then how you've stamped off in some of the background and is that stitching??
Totally amazing!!
Smiles Sharnee :)

Mae Collins said...

Thanks Sharnee for your lovely comments and yes, I did get my sewing maching out and stitch on this card.

Narelle Farrugia said...

LOVE this one Mae! So many beautiful details to look at and I'm so impressed that you sewed on the card.

Nikki Spencer said...

You have aced this challenge Mae, it is beautiful! I adore the Vintage style in these colours, so different and lovely!xxx

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

I love the way you stamped the leaves inside the frame Mae. The flowers and butterfly are gorgeous too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails