Thursday, October 18, 2012

MIA

Just a very quick note to explain why I will be MIA here on my blog for the next few weeks...my dear mum passed away on Sunday from a sudden heart attack, she was only 68yo and was my father's full-time carer as he has Parkinsons' Disease. I am currently staying in Devonport dealing with my mum's passing, the funeral preparations and taking on the role of Carer for my father until we can determine what is to happen in the future.

So greatful for our family's faith in the Lord, which is helping us through this difficult time. My heartfelt thanks to those friends and acquaintenances that have checked in on me regularly over the last few days it has been a blessing.


The Huisman Clan above, as my father calls us! Mum & Dad, front centre, surrounded by their 5 children (1 missing, who died from suicide 18 years ago, inset photo), 20 grandchildren (3 have partners) and 1 great-grandchild who is only 2mths old and whom mum did not get to meet before she died. A big, loving family and a terrific reflection on the value of family that my parents have instilled in us all through their actions and faith in Christ.



5 comments:

crafty things said...

So sorry to hear your sad news. Thinking of you and your family at this very sad time.
Tracey and family

Nikki Spencer said...

Thinking of you Mae. Keep strong hon and take care of yourself too! Sending hug's and much love to you all. xxx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

What a special photo, Mae. It is such a blessing to have strong family connections especially at times like this. Hope to make it on Sunday. X

Allison said...

So sorry to hear of your mums passing Mae. Take care. Love to you and the family xxx

Linda said...

I'm so sorry! I follow your blog, but haven't been on in a long time - computer trouble. My heart hurts for you. HUGs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails