Friday, December 14, 2012

JAI#148 - Just Add Christmas!

Scarce between posts and it seems that if it wasn't for the fortnightly Just Add Ink challenges that I am committed to (try and do!) I wouldn't have any posts on my blog lately! So just quickly to get this post scheduled while I am away for a few quick days visiting Gary's family in Geelong, Victoria...here is this week's challenge...

Just Add Christmas!

I really did just quickly pop into my (very messy) craft room tonight for 10 minutes and whipped up these two Christmas gift cards. Not very imaginative but I was quite pleased with how they turned out...maybe I overthink my creating at times and so therefore do not create!


The two black gift cards had been previously cut and folded for another project which I obviously did not complete and so I simply stamped Whisper White Craft Inked snowflakes from my Snow Swirled stamp set that was sitting on my desk on to the front of the cards. I then stamped the greeting from my new (yet unmounted but partly used) More Merry Messages stamp set (that was also sitting open on my craft desk!) with Basic Black ink onto Whisper White card. I then mounted these onto some Champagne Glimmer Paper and raised the panels off the card bases with some Stampin' Dimensionals. Voila! Two completed gift cards ready for the last JAI challenge of 2012 and for adding to some gifts this Christmas.

Thanks to the team over at Just Add Ink for being such a friendly, supportive and generous group to work with on these weekly challenges and thanks to all our regularly and random followers who have joined in and had fun with our challenges during 2012...please come back again in 2013 and join in again!

If I don't get to add another post here before Christmas to all my friends and followers...have a very Happy Christmas and a safe New Year!



3 comments:

KimB said...

Well if you did that in 10 mins I'm flabbergasted Mae - it would take me an hour!! You got all the elements right for elegant, classy CAS Christmas gift cards. xxx

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Mae you've created two very lovely cards that have just the right amount of sparkle popping out from behind the sweet sentiments!

Nikki Spencer said...

You did well Mae! l love the simple design and striking effect of the snowflakes and just a hint of sparkle. xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails