Thursday, January 31, 2013

Still AddINKtive Challenge

Two of my dear stamping friends in Tassie have combined forces and their talents to create a new challenge site called "Still AddINKtive" --- Bronwyn Eastley and Kathy Tanner. I have been watching their first few weeks come and go and haven't had the time or opportunity to get into my craft room to join in the fun. However, today I let the housework go and just played in my craft room...ALL DAY...and didn't feel guilty about it at all. I think it was just what I needed and with the weather being so rainy all day, what better way than spend it playing with my inks and stamps!

I managed to make three cards today (two you will have to see tomorrow when/if you pop back as they are part of this week's Just Add Ink challenge) and that goes live in just over an hour!

The third card is the one that I have created for the Still AddINKtive challenge, which is to use the following colours...
At first I thought this was an unusual colour combination, however, as I began to play and just let my card take shape I came to like the colours together. I was very pleased with my card and I think my mojo is slowly returning and I can't wait to create some more new cards and projects.


I even carried on with my efforts of today by decorating the inside of all the cards I made, including this one.



I haven't stamped the Forever Young stamp set for a while now, but I really like the images for vintage style cards, and it makes me reminisce. I also just realised that this was the stamp set featured on the Still AddINKtive blog a week or so back, so maybe that was sinking in to my creative thoughts too!


I had fun with this colour challenge and even more fun playing in my craft room!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to come back at midnight (when the JAI challenge goes live) or tomorrow when you are not so sleepy and see the other cards I made.



7 comments:

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Your card is really pretty Mae.
I especially love the way you've stamped the girl and the frame. The distressed edges on your paper give a wonderfully aged effect.
I'm really glad you decided to forego the housework and join us instead.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love the vintage feel to your card, Mae, and the ribbon treatment under the label. You've used the colours to perfection. So glad you were able to spend some time in your craft room and join us at still addINKtive.

Lisa Young said...

You put the rainy day and time in your craft room to good use! Your card is beautiful - well balanced and the added touch of stamping on the inside is lovely!

Christine Blain said...

Absolutely beautiful, Mae. You nailed this colour combo; your card is stunning!

scrappy geri said...

Mae your card is wow!!!!! ;)

Debbie Henderson said...

So glad to see you use this stamp set and the way you layered the frame layers. So cute! Thanks for joining us this week at stillADDinktive!

Susan Joyce said...

I like how you stamped on the DSP Mae and the Vintage theme to your card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Still Addinktive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails