Sunday, February 10, 2013

Just Add Hearts!

Well with Valentine's Day coming up over at Just Add Ink we had to have a suitable challenge and so it is to...
Just Add...Hearts ♥

Now this doesn't mean you have to make a Valentine's Day card, it could be a gift, a layout or even a card for a loved one going through a tough time, a wedding, an engagement, a sympathy card .... anything that you could add a heart to.

I have been playing around in my craft room today with other challenges and ideas, but just kept turning the page in my catalogue to page 24 and thinking I would like to make something similar to the image in the right hand corner - well I didn't! I did end up using the stamp set pictured, You Are Loved and in particular the heart shaped image, Raspberry Ripple ink and Pretty in Pink cardstock but other than that my card is very different. Oh, and I did add some 'real' stitching to it too!

Here is my card...


As with the card in my previous post, I decided to again use the Vintage Faceted Buttons but this time I placed a pearl inside the indented section and stuck it over a little flower using the Boho Blossoms punch. I also used my new Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Folder, however, I adhered it with the raised side down as I preferred the muted effect behind my striking heart.

Using the Pinking Hearts Border Punch I added some additional hearts in Raspberry Ripple cardstock down the left side and added my greeting (from the Field Flowers stamp set) with a Bitty Banners Framelit Die.
 
I seem to be on a roll and my mojo seems to have returned so I might see how organised I can get by doing some future JAI challenges, but you will just have to wait until those weeks to see the outcomes! Don't forget to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see what the other DT members put up for this week's challenge.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend as much as I am, especially as I have an extra day off tomorrow and can really do the things I must do then.



7 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Lovely to see you popping up in my feed Mae, so glad you have found some play time.
This is lovely too, you really are on a roll! Love the faceted button on the flower and go you for real stitching. xxx

Christine Blain said...

This is so pretty, Mae. I love the button treatment, and the embossed panel. Beautiful card! How nice that you could join us this week. :)

KimB said...

Oh your mojo is definitely back Mae! Loving all the subtle textures in this and then the POP of the ornate Raseberry heart :)xxx

Narelle Farrugia said...

Ha! I like that we both entered after the challenge got the better of us! I'm so glad you are creating - this card is soooooo beautiful and clean! Love these stunning colours together too!

Tina said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Mae!

Janet Perafan-Babar said...

Oooh! I love that stamp! The tone-on-tone embossing is beautiful and I am impressed with the "real stitching", lol. I have my machine out, yet never used it. It's been out for three years, hehe. Glad you stopped by my blog, it was very sweet to leave your comment. Thank you! Hope you have a blessed day! x

delysc said...

Gorgeous card Mae!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails