Friday, February 1, 2013

Just Add...any Shape!

Friday has come around again and that means time for another Just Add Ink challenge and this week it is to...

Just Add...any Shape!

I have so many things that I have bookmarked or pinned on Pinterest that I want to make or to use for inspiration that I thought why not for this week's challenge. I have been wanting to make some of the 'side dresser' cards for a while now, as I think they are especially cute for baby cards, but I also like them for a vintage feel too. So that is what I did.

Here is my first card...


I used the tutorial by Jackie Topa as she makes it look easy and it is! I especially love the little touch of lace ribbon peaking out of the top drawer.

I also decorated the inside of my card too with a little rhyme...


Since I had so much fun making this first card I thought I would make another but for a bigger girl and I have also been wanting to have a go at making a dress using the Scallop Die that I have pinned on Pinterest from Krista's Paper Cafe.


I again decorated the inside of my card and repeated the little Gumball Green flower from the dress on the inside along with some coordinating Crumb Cake DSP.

  

It was so nice to get some time to play in my craft room again and as I needed to find my mojo I thought I would use the inspiration from other talented card makers out there to get me started. So if you like me need some inspiration or ideas then pop on over to our Just Add Ink blog and see what the other DT members created for this challenge and have some fun joining in with us and sharing your creations.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some inspiration here.



5 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Mae I love both of them! But I have to say I especially love your baby card and that cute piece of lace peaking out - tooooo cute! Love the brads you've used for the dresses handles too- they are really sweet.

KimB said...

Love your dresser cards Mae! the baby one is so fresh and sweet and the girl one has a lovely vintagey feel - great dress too! xxx

Christine Blain said...

Oh-so-sweet, Mae! The lace detail is my favourite bit, too. The baby card is utterly adorable, but I also love the second card you made; very clever.

Nikki Spencer said...

They are both so cute Mae, l do love the pretty pink baby version, with it's sweet little accents. xxx

Jess said...

What a beautiful card! I love this Mae :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails