Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lots of sympathy...

I didn't know what to title this post as it is going to consist mainly of sympathy cards because that is what I needed to make today. Recently one of my best friends' husband and father of their three beautiful daughters died at his own hands and it has therefore been a very traumatic week for all of us.

Rather than make just one sympathy card for them all, as they are such close friends and I watched the girls grow up over the last 16+ years, I wanted to make one for each of them in which I can write a personal message to them individually.

I don't know if it has been the task at hand or the memories of a lost friend or the rekindling of feelings due to the recent loss of my mother or a number of other things, or maybe all combined, but I have been very emotional and teary all day...so it has been nice coming to the end of making these cards and sharing them here, while the house is quiet...just me and Chloe, the dog! For a short time atleast.





The colour focus of my cards was Primrose Petals and I just had to play with my new embelishments from the current Stampin' Up! Seasonal Catalogue. I used the Artisan Embelishments Kit, 5/8" Flower Trim and Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.

I even took the time to decorate the inside of each card and now I have to find the right words to put in them.

On a brighter note, I did finish my crafting session with a bright and cheery card for my niece Shaina's birthday, which happened to fall on the day of the funeral, and so I was not organised and she will get this card late...I think she will forgive Auntie Mae on this occasion even if she is only turning 4! Happy birthday Shaina!

 
For those with a clever eye you might spot the designer tag from the Artisan Embelishments Kit, what I stamped the little girl image on. This is what the beautiful ribbon is wrapped around when you first open the kit. The image is from the Greeting Card Kids stamp set and I have also used Designer Builder Brad with an In Color Dahlia adhered to it. The greeting is from a retired Stampin' Up! stamp set.

Now begins our count down, 7 sleeps, for our trip (hubby and I) away for the whole month of March. We are travelling, with a camper trailer, from Melbourne to Perth, WA. Leaving home next Sunday for Devonport, to catch the Spirit of Tasmania on the Monday.

I am hoping to get a few cards made this week to have scheduled to post while I am away but with the way my life is travelling at the moment I am really not sure what is going to get done this week...whatever happens, happens and the rest will just wait until we return, hopefully refreshed and well rested.

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely week.



6 comments:

crafty things said...

Hi Mae

Your cards are beautiful and I am sure that the recipients will treasure these. Hopefully they, and you, will hold onto treasured memories for a long time to come.

Glad to read that you are headed of for a month of camper trailer fun. Hope the weather is kind to you for all of your travels.

Tracey

Nikki Spencer said...

Oh Mae, they are all beautiful and will no doubt be very much appreciated, such a thoughtful idea!
Big hugs to you hon, thinking of you all. xxx

Christine Blain said...

At such an emotional time, you have managed to create absolutely beautiful cards for your friend and her girls, Mae. It is obvious that a lot of love has gone into them. Happy trip planning!

Cheryl said...

So Sorry for you and your friends loss. The cards are lovely and show you care. It's OK to be teary, it is part of the heaking process. My prayers are with you and the family of the man who has passed. I do not know their names, but God does. Blessings to all of you.

Diane Barnes said...

Oh Mae, such a tragedy for the whole family & their friends. I love that you've thought of each family member with their own beautiful card & message.
Sending hugs to you. Hope you have a wonderful time on your trip.
Di

Mary said...

Your cards are really beautiful Mae and I am sure they will be treasured by the family as they will know you have put your heart into them.
Mary

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails