Sunday, April 14, 2013

Commissioned Cards

Can I call it a commissioned card if my daughter asks for a card from my 'stash' to give to her father for his birthday? Well, I didn't actually have one that quite suited and so grabbed a partly finished card and by adding a few extra stamped images here and there, plus an embelishment and appropriate greeting the card was done!



She was happy with it and it went along with her gift of a book and DVDs to her dad. The other present he got that day was a remote controlled boat from our son and daughter-in-law...he has been wanting a boat for a while now, but I think his idea was one that he could sit in! [My gift to him was going to be a new waterproof/diving watch, however, our favourite watch repairer Craig, convinced Gary to first see if we can repair his old watch as it has sentimental value to him and has been reliable up until the last few years. So now we need to locate it and take it in to see what can be done first.]

The other commissioned card was from my friend/work colleague Kate, who loves my personalised baby cards and requested one for a friend of hers in Canada, with an 'Aussie' theme. [I will have to do one for Kate soon as she is about to turn the big '40'.] I wasn't quite sure what I could do for this theme and the JAI girls gave some suggestions, which I will keep for another time, as I found a 'digi' image that I thought suited quite well and gave me some practice using my Copics. What do you think, will it fit the request?


As it was a special card I wanted to continue my latest venture into decorating the inside of the card, but didn't quite know how to do it with no coordinating stamps that I am used to with SU! stamp sets. So I popped on over to the very talented Teneale Williams' blog, who inspires me with her cards and especially how she decorates the insides as beautifully as she does the front, to see if she could give me some ideas. I found this one on her blog and used her inside idea to finish mine off, I think it worked well. Thanks Teneale!

Have a great week and thanks for stopping by, and for any lovely comments you might share with me.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails