Sunday, April 7, 2013

JAI Scrap Challenge

Well it isn't often that I find the time to enter JAI's Scrap Challenges but as I was playing around with MDS today I thought I would give it a go!

The theme for this month is to "Just Add Siblings" and I remembered two photos that I had of both of my children together for a very special occasion, my son's wedding. So that is where I started and with the help of MDS I was able to blend the two photos together on a page by adjusting the photos to black & white and the other to sepia (the original photos had, one an orange tone and the other purple from the bridesmaid dress, which didn't gel well together).

What I found by playing with MDS and this digital layout is that I could always 'delete' what I didn't like and start over, if I had cropped the actual printed photo for a hardcopy page and then wanted to add back what I had cut off - no such luck! I also found it a lot easier to move things around, resize and adjust, than what I would on an actual hardcopy layout. Although, I do prefer the 'tactile' approach to my scrapbooking and may use this as a way to plan out my layouts...I know double the work, but then I can have both a virtual album plus a hardcopy album...best of both worlds, perhaps!

Here is the layout I did and my daughter liked it too! That is a compliment as she doesn't always like photos of herself, but she liked how I put this together, including the text.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.



3 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is lovely, Mae. I love the addition of the sepia photograph.

Sharnee Torrents said...

Hello MAE!
WOW this is a great picture! I love the layout and the sepia is a fabbo choice, I always go with that!
This digital thing really looks very interesting... must give it a try!
Hope you are well, look forward to seeing you in QLD!! YAY we are both going this year after last year missing out!!
Smiles and hugs Sharnee :)

Ruthy said...

Love it Mae, you've mastered this digital real well, great to see more of the team scrapping, looking forward to meeting you in Brissie - Ruthy x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails