Friday, April 26, 2013

Just Add Ink #163

Well it is that time of the week again for another Just Add Ink challenge and following on from the fun of last week's challenge (to try a new technique), this week we have another great challenge, suggested by the beautiful Nikki Spencer, and that is to...

Just Add...a FUN background!

I immediately thought of children's cards with this theme and as my daughter needed a birthday card for her god-daughter who was turning 6 I had the right inspiration and this is what I came up with...


I used the fun stamp set 'Circle Circus' and some lovely bright inks, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive, to create my fun background and then mounted it onto Tempting Turquoise cardstock. I used a retired stamp set 'Whale Wishes' to stamp my image and sponged the edges with Tempting Turquoise and mounted it onto Real Red cardstock. I added the number 6 in Real Red cardstock, cut out using my BigShot and the Timeless Type number dies.

I think I forgot to photograph the inside of my card, but I simply added an additional piece of Whisper White, inked the edges with Tempting Turquoise and put a few coloured bubbles around the edges. I also stamped an additional birthday greeting on the inside too.

The Design Team have some other fun backgrounds to share with you, so pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to get more inspiration and have some FUN yourself.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.



6 comments:

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Mae this is such a cute card - the stamp you've used in the background works perfectly to create some bubbly interest!!

Lauren- SAHM I am said...

This is adorable, the background really looks like bubbles and the sponging is great too.

Nikki Spencer said...

How perfect is your circle circus background for the whale image. I love this card Mae, definitely classifies as a fun background, it looks like mega bubbles! xxx

KimB said...

This is such a happy bubbly card Mae - perfect for a 6 year old. Who could resist such a smiley whale! xxx

Narelle Farrugia said...

What a fabulously bright and gorgeous background you've created Mae - the 6 yr old recipient will love it!

Christine Blain said...

Super-cute, fun, card Mae - perfect for a little 6-yr-old! I love the background you created; it's the perfect design to showcase the whale.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails