Thursday, April 11, 2013

More Birthdays!

April is an especially busy month for me in terms of birthdays within my family, Gary's family and friends. So to start off there is Gary's tomorrow and as I was short on time in coming up with something original and inspirational, I just picked one of my favourite stamp sets that makes me think of him The Open Sea. I then looked on Pinterest to see what I had pinned there using that stamp set and Deb Fearns' clean and simple design took my fancy. So here is my card using here design and colours etc.

As you can see I even decorated the inside just a little. Now to work out what to write without being too mushy! Thanks for the inspiration Deb.

A few days after Gary's is my niece Fiarna's birthday and they eagerly await their handmade card to arrive in the post and so to get it there on time I had to again get a card made quickly. So picking out a stamp set that I hadn't yet inked up but thought it would be nice was Pedal Presents (a retired hostess set). I then Googled the stamp set and browsed through the various images of cards that came up and found inspiration from a few and made the following card...


I was really happy with how this card turned out. I coloured various elements of my image with my Stampin' Write Markers and added some pearls to give it some glam! I must confess to stamping these images several times trying to get them exactly as I wanted.

 As you can see I also decorated the inside of this card too!

Don't forget to drop by tomorrow as Friday is Just Add Ink challenge day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails