Friday, May 24, 2013

Convention Swaps

I am still at Convention and having a good time I am sure. By now I would probably have swapped with a few people and maybe not even have any swaps left, but hopefully lots of new ones from other talented stampers from whom I can get some great new ideas!

Here are my swaps as a group ready for Convention...


This was my first swap creation, with inspiration from Bridgette Bygrave (thanks Bridgette!) and especially for letting me play with some SU! products that I don't currently have...the Delicate Designs Embossing Folder and the Large Scallop Edgelit Die. As they were small gift cards I made complete cards and not just card fronts.

 

My second swap design was to allow me to play with embossing whisper white on crumb cake and to also use my (not previously opened) coordinating stamp set and dies for the Ornament Keepsakes.


Then, for my last swap I thought I would like to use the technique again that I used on the JAI Swap where I used the same coloured ink as my cardstock, in this case Old Olive, and inked the embossing folder (by running the inkpad over the pattern) before I ran the cardstock through the BigShot. This technique really brings out the embossed pattern, here the Lattice pattern, in the JAI swap it was the Lacy Brocade pattern.

This then lead me to use the Field Flowers stamp set and a colour combination from the Color Coach, which was More Mustard, Old Olive and Bravo Burgundy...I thought they worked very well together, what do you think?


Sorry for the quality of the photos, I should have taken them before I put them in the plastic and got my photo tent out to improve the colours.

Hopefully, I can share some of the excitement here with you next week when I return from Convention. If you wish to book a workshop to learn how to make any of these cards then send me an email to maecollins2@gmail.com and I will respond when I return. Have a great weekend.

Don't forget my Convention Special check the earlier post or pop back tomorrow when I will repost it!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails