Saturday, June 22, 2013

Parade of purple

This week I needed to make a couple of birthday cards for family members and was feeling that purple would be my base colour, so one was based around Elegant Eggplant and the other around Perfect Plum.

Here they are:
Inspiration for this first card came from a Convention swap, although I swapped things around a bit as I didn't have any doilies on hand or some softer style ribbon in Elegant Eggplant. I was still pleased with the result though, especially the embossed vellum, although I always struggle with the best way to adhere it.

Girls always like butterflies so that is what I thought I would feature on my other card using Perfect Plum. I carried on my theme inside the card, restamping the leaves and also stamping a butterfly that time (sorry forgot the take a photo of the inside before posting).
 
I hope you are having a lovely weekend. I am as I have spent it playing around in my craft room and getting prepared well in advance of my July Stamp Class as my work hours are going to ramp up in July to full-time (as I work as a Tax Consultant for H&R Block and we are coming in to our busy season!) and when I get a chance to play then is anyone's guess!

1 comment:

Myrna said...

Lovely cards and the purple is perfect.
Myrna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails