Friday, July 12, 2013

JAI #173 - Just Add...Water!

This week's challenge is one that you can interpret a number of ways...a water theme, watercolouring, adding water in a circle treat cup (as on page 58 of the new catalogue) to make a fish bowl, waves, waterwashed background...the list goes on!

The idea for this week's challenge came on us unexpectedly when we were coming back from Convention and sitting around at the airport with our drink bottles, one of the team noticed this on the bottle...


Oxygen apartments where we stayed in Brisbane must have placed them in our apartments just for us, don't you think? We we are the 'Just Add Ink' team, so "Just add water...on us!" was very appropriate. We hadn't even noticed until we were leaving, but it sure gave us an idea for a challenge!

I used my Aqua Painters for this challenge, water colouring my dahlias, on watercolour paper, after I had embossed the outlines with clear embossing powder. I enjoyed putting this card together.


Old Olive is one of my favourite colours and it goes so well with the yellow dahlias, to cheer up someone. I was so happy with the front of my card that I should make the inside as pretty as well...


I hope you enjoy this week's challenge as much as I did. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

5 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautifully done Mae. Such a lovely colour combo and classic design...very pretty! xx

KimB said...

Oh this is very pretty and elegant too Mae! I've never thought of watercolouring this dahlia flower but I will now as it give such a soft result. xxx

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is soooooo pretty and soft! Love your colouring Mae!

Christine Blain said...

This is a beautiful card, Mae. The flowers look gorgeous watercoloured, and I love your colour choices.

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

This is a lovely soft card!
Great job colouring the flowers too :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails