Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Baby Card

My son's long-time friend Sam and his partner recently celebrated the arrival of their first born, a beautiful baby boy, Charles James, born on 10 July 2013. As usual I am late getting a card created and sent off to them, however, my excuse has been working long hours and no time to go shopping! Well today I had my first week-day off in 6 weeks and it coincided with my husband's day off, so we went out for the day just to relax and do whatever we wanted, that wasn't work!

While I was out I bought a few baby items, don't you just love buying those type of things, and when I came home of course I had to get into my craft room to create the perfect card to go with those cute little items. (I did have to clear a little bit of space on my desk to make it though! The rest I will tidy up later, I hope!)

Anyway, the reason for this post is to share the card I made with you and to also enter it into the Perfectly Rustics sketch challenge, which I used as my starting point and some of Stampin' Up!'s lovely designer series paper, Gingham Garden. Here is my finished card...


I even continued with my recent efforts of decorating the inside of the card too...


One of the things I realised I do need to get though is an Island Indigo SU! marker and some more cardstock as I seem to be using that colour a lot lately...maybe because it coordinates so well with some of the new DSP. A marker helps me when I want to colour just some parts of a stamp image and the rest with another colour.

By the way don't forget SU!'s current special....buy 3 packs DSP and get 1 FREE! I know I am going to take advantage of that offer as I just LOVE DSP!! Check out my specials page to see what is on offer at the moment with Stampin' Up! and if you order online through me don't forget my August Hostess Code E9TWEY96.

I also used some of the beautiful Island Indigo Chevron Ribbon (pop on over to my product shares page to get your hands on some of this lovely ribbon along with some of the other colours too!).

Baby Prints is a great stamp set for new babies or baby showers etc.


Product Supplies:


Thanks for stopping by and checking out my post, I hope to have another to share with you soon, as I need to now make a birthday card for my great-nephew Xavier who is turning one this Saturday.

Enjoy the rest of your week!


2 comments:

perfectlyrustics.com said...

That is a gorgeous card, Mae! Thank you very much for joining us at Perfectly Rustics this fortnight, it is greatly appreciated.

Sharnee Torrents said...

Hello dear Mae,
WOW this card is sooo lovely! I really am liking Island indigo too, such a great colour to use and the inside with those sweet little hand prints, that's totally awesome!!
I'm sure the card will be loved!! Thanks heaps for playing with us at Perfectly Rustics!! SOooo fun to have you join in!!
SMiles Sharnee :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails