Friday, August 9, 2013

JAI #177 - Colour Challenge

It's Friday, and that means time again for another Just Add Ink challenge, and this week it is the colour combination of...





I realised I was running a bit low on female orientated birthday cards, so I thought these colours would do just nicely. This card has also found it's way to one of our JAI Design Team members who celebrated a birthday this week (happy birthday again Christine!) and I hope she liked it as much as I did making it.

 
I often enjoy stamping on DSP so this time I thought I would stamp a soft image onto my main Pool Party card panel (image from Creative Elements Stamp Set) before running it through an embossing folder. Don't you just love the effect of the new Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder? I know I do!

I had also recently shown some of my stamp class attendees how I used an image from the Mixed Bunch Stamp Set to create a beautiful butterfly using the emboss resist technique and thought that would go very nicely on my front panel. I then added some of my new Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon, an embelishment and greeting (a little stamping with Gorgeous Grunge) and my card was done!

Don't forget to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see what lovely projects the other DT members created and then join in the fun too!

Enjoy your weekend.


5 comments:

Christine Blain said...

It is really beautiful, Mae - thank you!! I love the stamped and embossed background, and the chevron ribbon especially. Gorgeous use of the challenge colours.

KimB said...

I absolutely love your background Mae and the emboss resist butterfly just glows with wonderful colour. Gorgeous card! xxx

Nikki Spencer said...

Loving that background Mae and your butterfly is a real stunner...Sooo pretty! xxx

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just lovely Mae - you've used the challenge colours perfectly!

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Mae, I've always loved that flower stamp cut to a butterfly. Just beautiful with those colours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails