Sunday, August 4, 2013

Just Add Blokes!

Last Friday's Just Add Ink's challenge is to 'Just Add ... Blokes!' (of any age) and I created a birthday card for one of the blokes in my life. However, I couldn't post it until now, as that bloke is my son, and he is one of my card-making fans and blog followers. So I had to wait until I gave it to him for his birthday yesterday. Can you guess how old he is from the card?


I love how the Soho Subway DSP had a page with numbers and that 2 and 3 were so close together that I could utilise them in the flag to celebrate this particular birthday. I also like using DSP as it gives me a colour scheme to work with, utilising Early Espresso, Island Indigo and Very Vanilla.

Just recently my son (who I wouldn't have picked to do this) decided he wanted to learn to ride a motorcycle, so he went for an orientation session to see if he would like it and guess what? Yes, he got hooked and so has recently bought himself a motorbike and the gear to go with it and passed his 'L' test with 100%...so guess who is now going to worry about him on two wheels and not just 4!

Here is the actually bike he bought, and which added to my birthday card theme...

So I decided to also carry on the theme of the bike and his dreams into the the inside of my card...
 


Don't forget to pop on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see what the other girls created from this challenge, find further inspiration and then join in the fun too.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails